Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Does your tool fit my needs?

More
05 Sep 2014 11:41 #2225 by support
Dear Sir,
thank you for your interest in our products.

I am not quite clear of your requirements. Let me first give some basic explanation:

- You can think of OPC Server as a "communication box" that has two ends: One is standardized (the OPC interfaces), the other is specific to the server (the protocol or device it talks to). OPC Server is "passive" in the sense that it RECEIVES commands (such as Read, Write, ...) from one or more OPC clients.

- You can think of OPC Client as a another "communication box" that has two ends: One is standardized (the OPC interfaces), the other is specific to the client, and gives the data from the servers further to the system (or passes the data from the system down to the servers). OPC Client is "active" in the sense that it SENDS commands (such as Read, Write, ...) to the OPC server.

We (OPC Labs) currently provide toolkits for development of OPC Clients. We do not currently sell an OPC Server Toolkit.

Now, in the first part of your post, you wrote

I am searching for a tool to create OPC Signals which can be read by an OPC Server.

If you really intend this, then what you need to develop is neither an OPC Server nor an OPC Client. You need to specify/find out which OPC Server you actually have (for which protocol or device), and then write a software that emulates this device. OPC communication won't really be involved in the development.

But you might have meant something else. For example, maybe you do have an OPC Server but the product you want to develop wants to WRITE the signals from the buttons to that server. In that case you need an OPC Client, and our tools are a perfect fit for this.

Or, you may be looking for something else (such as to develop a custom OPC server). I cannot really tell from your post. For start, it is not so important about the buttons and what they do. What is important is the "block scheme", i.e. the parts that the envisioned solution consists of, and how they communicate together (the communication interfaces used). If you clarify that, the remainder will be much easier.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2014 11:21 #2224 by AlexSFromG
Dear people from OPC Labs, :cheer:

I am searching for a tool to create OPC Signals which can be read by an OPC Server.
This tool must be able to fit into visual Studio 2010 or newer.
The thing I want to realize is he following.
Actual we count products with a button-box. E.g. there are 3 Buttons:
Button 1: triggers a Counter
Button 2: triggers another counter
Button 3: Switches a value
Now we try to replace the button boxes by a Touch-Screen computer. And I like to write software to generate the same opc signals like the S7 we use now.
These Values should be read by an OPC Server.

Do you have a product which can solve these things?
I hope you understand my ideas. If you have a question please don’t hesitate to ask me.
Thanks for your answer

Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds