Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

reading data from siemens OPC-UA server

More
13 May 2021 16:26 #9674 by support
Hello,

that would be, for example,
Range("D6").Value = Client.ReadValue("opc.tcp://192.168.72.12:4840", "nsu=http://www.siemens.com/simatic-s7-opcua ;ns=3;s=""dbTraceBack"".""StepResponse""")

Best regards

Note: This appears not to be using Excel Option (the category of the forum post you have chosen) - it is VBA in Excel I suppose, which is a different thing.
The Excel Option allows to achieve the same without coding.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hj.weyrich@jopp.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2021 16:04 #9673 by hj.weyrich@jopp.com
Hello,

i'm testing the functions of the EASYUA-client and do not know how to set the parameters.

Can someone tell me the correct parameters in EASYUA-Client to get the data of a Siemens OPC-UA server.
In den Connectivity Explorer i found the field with this settings:

="opc.tcp://192.168.72.12:4840, BrowsePath=""[ObjectsFolder]/CPU.DataBlocksGlobal/dbTraceBack.StepResponse"""

OPC-UA Node
Node Id:     nsu=http://www.siemens.com/simatic-s7-opcua ;ns=3;s="dbTraceBack"."StepResponse"
Browse Path (*): [ObjectsFolder]/CPU.DataBlocksGlobal/dbTraceBack.StepResponse
Node Class: Variable
Browse Name:    StepResponse
Type Definition:    BaseDataVariableType
Reference Type Id:    HasComponent

What i have to type in the parameter values?

Range("D6").Value = Client.ReadValue("???","???")

Thanks in advance.

Hans-Jürgen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds