Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

× The Connectivity Explorer application allows you to navigate through hierarchy of OPC Data Access and OPC Unified Architecture servers and data nodes. You can subscribe to data changes, and view the results live.

Selected data can be transferred to Excel, where it continues to stay subscribed, giving cell values that are dynamically updated with live OPC data.

Access to Server is possible - but no values will be updated - Credentials?

More
04 Jan 2024 16:27 #12507 by support
Hello.

When you wrote about certificates and username/password, I got an impression that you were using OPC UA (Unified Architecture). But, your screenshot indicates that you are using OPC DA (COM/DCOM based). My answer about endpoint and User Identity applied to OPC UA (and is illustrated on the picture below). Certificate are not used, however, in OPC DA. And for username/password, you would have to set up a Windows account for that user.

The Point Editor has two panes: Tree view (left), and List view (right). You can only do "Add Live Row" for the item you have selected in the list view. If, for example, you want to add a row for the "ANA1" item, you need to select its *parent* in the tree view first, and then select "ANA1" in the list view, and press "Add Live Row".

What you have done is that you have selected the OPC item in the tree view and then selected one of its Properties (probably the Value property) in the list view. *Do not do that*. The Properties are not the OPC items themselves; and they have no automatic update functionality, which explains why you have to do the Read repeatedly.

Regards
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2024 10:12 #12505 by MARWIE91
Thanks for the fast reply. I have attached a Screenshot. As you can see there are a lot of different analog values in the point editor.

I tried "Add Live Row" before and it didnt worked. But now I discovered that it is possible but online for one value. The first one in live point data 2.39. But the value is not changing at all automatically. I need to press "Read" again an the value is updated. I have assumed that it should be updated each second automatically .

For all the others it isnt possible to show even a static value. And when Im using drag and drop to copy it into an excel file it only shows N/A.

Regarding the user authentication: What exactly you mean with "Endpoint" I tried every possible object in the GUI but couldnt find it.

Best regards
Attachments:

More
03 Jan 2024 18:29 #12504 by support
Hello.

Can you please explain what you mean by "Im not able to see the livevalues"? Please describe the symptoms. Have you pressed "Add Live Row"? If so, what has happened? is there any error message? Perhaps include a screenshot.

Regarding the user authentication: You can right-click on the endpoint in the Connectivity Explorer, and select "User Identity".

Best regards

More
03 Jan 2024 09:50 #12503 by MARWIE91
Hello together, we are looking for suitable program to establish a connection to a OPC Server to build a datalogger.

My computer is connected via VPN to the network where the OPC Server is placed. Im able to establish a connection to the OPC Server with the Connectivity Explorer.

I can see the channels and browse trough them. Also Im able to see the right channel description.

But Im not able to see the livevalues.

Originally I have two ways to connect to the visualization system of the supplier - via webbrowser using a pfx certificate and username and passwort.

But how I can use this for the Connectivity Explorer?

Best regards!

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds