Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

× The Connectivity Explorer application allows you to navigate through hierarchy of OPC Data Access and OPC Unified Architecture servers and data nodes. You can subscribe to data changes, and view the results live.

Selected data can be transferred to Excel, where it continues to stay subscribed, giving cell values that are dynamically updated with live OPC data.

EasyDAClient Exception in Connectivity Explorer

More
13 Jun 2020 21:52 #8586 by gkalipershad
Great, thank you so much for getting to the bottom of this issue. I will get this workaround to my customer and let him know that a permanent fix will be available in 2020.3.

Best Regards,
GK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jun 2020 11:23 #8584 by support
Hello,

I have found the problem. We are including (and also instructing the users to install if necessary) a wrong version of Visual C++ libraries. We will fix this in the upcoming version (2020.3). Until then, there is a simple workaround:

1. Visit support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads .
2. Scroll down to find the heading "Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019".
3. In that paragraph, if you are on 32-bit machine, download and install x86: vc_redist.x86.exe . If you are on a 64-bit machine, install the previous as well, and *also* download and install x64: vc_redist.x64.exe .

Best regards

More
13 Jun 2020 10:33 #8583 by support
G.,

no need to pursue the VM way. I managed to reproduce the problem!
It seems that the distinguishing factor is whether Visual Studio is installed or not. When it is not installed, the problem manifests itself. I have not discovered this earlier because I normally use baseline VM images that already have Visual Studio in them.

So, I will now investigate on my side.

Thank you,
and best regards

Z.

More
13 Jun 2020 10:10 #8582 by support
Thank you. I have downloaded the file, but I am afraid something might still be missing. Maybe the snapshot file(s), as the message suggests? I am getting:
The file specified is not a virtual disk

Cannot open the disk 'D:\TechSupport\2933\Windows10-1903-flat.vmdk' or one of the snapshot disks it depends on.

Module 'Disk' power on failed.

Failed to start the virtual machine.
Regards

More
12 Jun 2020 15:07 #8578 by gkalipershad
Hello,

I have shared a zipped folder with you through Dropbox at the email address you shared. The folder contains the VMX and VMDK files. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Initially, I did install 5.58.146.1 first and then 5.58.151.1 over it because that is what my customer did and this replicated the issue, but this morning I rolled back the VM to factory default and installed just 5.58.151.1 and the issue was replicated.

Regards,
GK

More
12 Jun 2020 05:43 #8572 by support
Hello,
it is very good that you have it reproduced in a VMWare VM.
You can use dropbox and email to support09 (at) opclabs.com, or I can open an FTP server for you.

But, I have spotted something in your text: Is this only only happening if you install 5.58.146.1 first? That is, you actually *had* to do it, otherwise you wouldn't be able reproduce it? But, installing 5.58.151.1 on a fresh VM would work fine?

If so, it might be an installation issue, which would direct me in looking for the cause. And, it would explain why I was not able to reproduce it - because I do not normally bother installing older builds first.

Kind regards

More
11 Jun 2020 17:46 #8571 by gkalipershad
Hello,

I have now replicated this issue with 5.58.151.1 on a VM. I used VMware. Is it just the VMX and VMDK files that you'll need? I will try to upload it to a dropbox account. Is there an email address I can send the link to?

I replicated this by installing 5.58.146.1 to a fresh Windows 10 (10.0.18362) install. This had the issue, as expected. Then I installed 5.58.151.1 over it and the issue remains.

Thanks,
GK

More
09 Jun 2020 07:01 #8553 by support
Hello.
There was an issue in that specific build ( 5.58.146.1) that has been fixed.

Interestingly, I have another customer (but just one) who is reporting the same or similar issue. He is very cooperative, but I still was not able to reproduce it. I even installed the precise Windows version he had. He then tried to deliver VM image (manifesting the problem) to me, but this has failed as I only have Microsoft and VMware virtualization software, and he was using something different which in the could not have been imported.

So, I can try to reproduce on the Windows the customer has, but I am afraid it won't show either.

Can you yourself reproduce it? Can you, or the customer, provide a VM image (in Microsoft or VMWare formats) with the problem?

Regards

More
08 Jun 2020 17:28 #8552 by gkalipershad
Customer has let me know that they have .NET Framework 4.8 installed at their OS is Windows 10 Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.836).

Thanks,
GK

More
08 Jun 2020 13:22 #8549 by gkalipershad
Hello,

I have a customer who was using 5.58.146.1 and encountering the following error every time the Connectivity Explorer is run:

The type initializer "OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient" threw an exception.

I saw in another forum post that this was resolved already, so I had them install 5.58.151.1; however, the issue still exists. I have attached some screenshots from the Event Viewer that were thrown along with the error.

I am waiting to hear back on what the OS version and installed .NET Frameworks are, but wanted to go ahead and get this posted.

Thanks,
GK
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds