Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Slow first connection to SoftPLC

More
22 Mar 2012 18:33 #807 by owe@eurosys.se
Hi
Will try it tomorrow
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2012 13:05 #784 by support
Thank you. I agree that 20 seconds is very long.
In order to work with OPC Analyzer, please download and install the <a href="/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=N4D8rpfbWkM%3d&tabid=195">OPC Analyzer Tool (<a href="/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=grX1_Kt-DUM%3d&tabid=195">readme file). After installing, enter any necessary information in the "Category Filter" and "Remote Machine Name" fields, and press the "Refresh" button. Then, select your target OPC server from the "Server" drop-down, and make sure the trace is started (if "TRACE STOPPED" is displayed, press the "start trace" button).
You then need to modify your application (or change the settings in the demo app) to connect to the OPC Analyzer instead of your real target OPC server; the OPC Analyzer acts as an intermediate logger. The ProgID of the OPC Analyzer is "OpcTestLab.OpcAnalyzer.1". You can then run your application, and you should see the trace being collected in the OPC analyzer. Afer you are finished, select File -> Save Trace in the Opc Analyzer, save the .TRA file, and send it to us - ideally, attach it to your reply in this forum.
For this particular problem, a log file from your application (or comparable information) with times of method calls/method returns will also be needed.
Note: The OPC Analyzer tool is available to OPC corporate members only (such as OPC Labs are), thus the download is only permitted to your user account (you must be logged into our site), and you can only use it for the purpose of troubleshooting this particular problem.

More
29 Feb 2012 16:00 #783 by owe@eurosys.se
Hi
When I get the chance I will do as you say with OPC Analyzer. The first method takes about 20 seconds. After that it goes quick in concurrent calls.
>Regards Owe

More
28 Feb 2012 09:47 #782 by support
Hello,
thank you for additional information.
Would you be willing to put a special tool (OPC Analyzer) in between your client application, and the OPC Server, and collect the logs generated by the tool? They contain the method calls made, together with timing information. If so, I would also ask you to put timing code (log the time when the EasyDAClient method call was made and when it returned) to your application, so that we can correlate these two sources of information.
In addition, what kind of "slowness" are we talking - can you quantify it?
Many thanks

More
27 Feb 2012 09:31 #779 by owe@eurosys.se
Hi!

It's a local OPC server. I tried with both ReadItem and ReadItemValue. It takes long time with both.
>Regards Owe

More
23 Feb 2012 18:20 #777 by support
Hello,

What method (name) are you using? E.g. is it ReadItem, ReadItemValue, or something else? The reason I am asking because some of these methods wait for a Good or Uncertain quality, which may cause a delay.
Is the client on the same computer as the OPC server, or is it remotely? The reason I am asking that remotely, we might end up using a different method to resolve server's ProgID to CLSID.

Thank you

More
23 Feb 2012 13:06 #776 by owe@eurosys.se
Hi!

When reading a value fron SoftPLC it takes long time before getting the result back on the first read. After that it goes fast. We are using OPC.SimaticNET.1 as ServerClass. We have another programmer using another component than yours and he doesn't have this delay on first read.
>Regards Owe

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds