Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Connecting to Siemens S7 with OPC [Questions about your QuickOPC.NET]

More
27 Sep 2011 06:24 #499 by support
Hello.

Selecting the OPC server for Siemens S7 is not really what I can help with a lot; try www.google.com/search?q=opc+server+siemens+s7

Best regards,
Zbynek Zahradnik, OPC Labs

Original Message
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2011 5:44 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: RE: Questions about your QuickOPC.NET

Yhank's a lot for your replay.
I'm going to find a OPC Server vendor, after that I'll give you a return on purchasing the QuickOPC.
Any suggestion, about the vendor above, is welcome.
Best Regards

Original Message
Sent: lunedì 26 settembre 2011 12.14
To: .....
Subject: RE: Questions about your QuickOPC.NET

Hello,
Thank you for your interest in our products.

The answers are below:

1. Yes, using QuickOPC as OPC client piece, you can interact with Siemens S7. But, as you properly identified, you need an OPC server for Siemens S7 as well.
2. No, we do not provide OPC server for Siemens S7. There are other vendors who have this product.

OPC is a generic solution that is designed to work with broad large of devices and protocols, but just Siemens PLCs. QuickOPC is specifically developed and tested for wide interoperability - meaning that is guaranteed to talk well with OPC servers from different producers, and they IN TURN speak the "communication language" of those different devices and protocols. So there is nothing in QuickOPC that would specifically "know" about Siemens S7.

I would be happy to answer any additional questions you may have.

Best regards,
Zbynek Zahradnik, OPC Labs

Original Message
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2011 9:11 AM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: Questions about your QuickOPC.NET

Hy i'm new on OPC Data Programming. I've just, recently downloaded, your demo of "QuickOPC.NET", to see if it was a good choice for my domain of interest and i'd like to submit you some questions.
I was commissioned to write an application that communicate with a PLC Siemens S7 over an OPC server.
Now i've seen that, in the demo version, the client side can manipulate OPC data using your API, using a simulating communication between the OPC Server and the PLC. I'd like to know if the purchase of the product comes with a Server Side software("OPC Server") to interact directly with the PLC mentioned before, because i have to provide to my client even the OPC Server.
Summarizing i'd like to know the following:
1. Is possible to connect, and to interact, throw your solution with a PLC Siemens S7?
2. Does your solution come with an OPC Server solution? If not, do you provide an OPC server Software? what is the license price of this last one?
Submitted By: P.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds