Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Memory leak issue cause by OpcLabs.QuickOpc

More
09 Jan 2020 17:54 #8128 by support
Hello,

how do you know that there is a memory leak? Have you observed the memory growing for really long time (many hours) or until it's all consumed? In .NET, the memory may remain allocated for rally long time, the operation of the garbage collector are not deterministic. Please provide a PerfMon graph/data showing the leak.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2020 11:42 #8126 by KrisSik
Hi,

I got a memory leak issue and the problem I think could be caused by the OpcLabs library, because a huge part of the memory used by the application is allocated by the unmanaged resources. The exception (listed below) throws ≈ 1 time per minute.
OpcLabs.EasyOpc.Engine.NetApiException: An exception occurred during processing in a NET API OPC Data Access client. The inner exception contains details about the problem. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server.
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at OpcXml.Da10.Service.GetStatus(String LocaleID, String ClientRequestHandle, ServerStatus& Status)
   at OpcXml.Da.Server.GetStatus()
   at Opc.Da.Server.GetStatus()
   at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.Implementation.NetApi.DataAccess.NetApiOpcDaServer.GetStatus(Boolean doOnlyIfGoodStatus, Exception& exception)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
I am using OpcLabs.QuickOpc 5.55.433.1 in my .NET Framework 4.7.2 application, which is running on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise.
Any ideas regarding this?

Best regards,
Kris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds