Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Connection problem with x64 client to x86 server

More
20 Mar 2019 15:20 #7242 by support
I am glad to hear that.

Thanks for letting us know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2019 14:03 #7239 by Olya
It looks like the issue has been fixed in the latest build. Now it is working with default configurations.
Thank you.

More
15 Mar 2019 17:28 #7215 by support
Hello.

Using the files you have provided, I was able to reproduce the issue "Invalid *ppwQualities ...". It turned out to be a problem on our side. We have made a fix, and it is now available in QuickOPC version 2018.3 build 5.54.1115.0 or later. This build is now available on our Web site (under Downloads), and on NuGet. Please install it, and rebuild your project with the new assemblies.

I was not able to reproduce the first problem ("Read not completed. ..."). Due to the nature of the bug&fix we have made, however, it is possible that it had the same cause. So, I would be interested to know how it works on your side, in this respect.

Thank you for reporting the problem and providing the files needed to reproduce it.
Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Olya

More
05 Mar 2019 18:41 #7176 by support
The error messages in the second case indicate that the server returns something that is not valid according to the OPC specifications.

More
05 Mar 2019 15:49 - 09 Mar 2019 16:10 #7175 by Olya
We did as you suggested.

1) First case :
EasyDAClient.SharedParameters.TopicParameters.SlowdownWeight = 0.0f;
    EasyDAClient.SharedParameters.TopicParameters.SpeedupWeight = 0.0f;

EasyDAClient.SharedInstance.InstanceParameters.Mode.AllowAsynchronousMethod = false;
    EasyDAClient.SharedInstance.InstanceParameters.UpdateRates.ReadAutomatic = Timeout.Infinite;
    EasyDAClient.SharedInstance.InstanceParameters.UpdateRates.WriteAutomatic = Timeout.Infinite;
Nothing changes. Still does not work.

2) Second case :
EasyDAClient.SharedParameters.TopicParameters.SlowdownWeight = 0.0f;
    EasyDAClient.SharedParameters.TopicParameters.SpeedupWeight = 0.0f;

EasyDAClient opcClient = new EasyDAClient();
    opcClient.Isolated = true;
    opcClient.InstanceParameters.Mode.AllowAsynchronousMethod = false;
    opcClient.InstanceParameters.UpdateRates.ReadAutomatic = Timeout.Infinite;
    opcClient.InstanceParameters.UpdateRates.WriteAutomatic = Timeout.Infinite;
Seems to be working but periodically throws next errors :
1)Invalid *ppwQualities returned from IOPCSyncIO2::ReadMaxAge(...).
+ The client method called was 'ReadMultipleItems'.

2)Invalid *ppErrors returned by IOPCSyncIO/IOPCAsyncIO/IOPCAsyncIO2/IOPCSyncIO2/IOPCAsyncIO3::Read(...)/Write(...).
Last edit: 09 Mar 2019 16:10 by support.

More
05 Mar 2019 14:00 #7173 by support
Hello.

I tend to think there is just on underlying problem. The last answer given in the link you have provided applies - please try the recommended settings with this issue as well. I will investigate once I get a chance.

Regards

More
05 Mar 2019 13:29 #7172 by Olya
Hello.

Recently we encountered a problem when connecting from EasyDAClient in x64 process to x86 OPC server on high load.

Attached is a code to c# console Application which connects to OPC server using EasyDAClient and requests 5000 tags per 2 seconds. When it is being started from 32bit process it runs smoothly but if we run it from x64 process it is starting to fail after a few requests with the next error : Read not completed. This error indicates that it could not be verified that the requested read operation was completed during the timeout period. It is possible that the read operation will actually succeed or fail, but later. Increase the timeout period if you want to obtain a positive or negative indication of the operation outcome. Other reason for this error may be that under heavy loads, topic request or response queue is overflowing. Check the event log for queue overflow errors (if event logging is supported by the product and enabled).
+ The client method called was 'ReadMultipleItems'.

The problem may be related to this topic but Iam not sure because we are not using any subscriptions there (only pulling).

We also attached an xml document with Matrikon OPC simulation server namespace configuration that we are using.
Can you please tak a look into it? Thank you in advance.
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds