Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Remote connection to an OPC server(TOP Server) / HRESULT: 0x80040202 error

More
20 Feb 2017 09:27 #4967 by support
From the names of the objects and methods, it looks like that you are not using the QuickOPC OPC client toolkit.

In such case, we cannot help you with that - this forum is only for QuickOPC.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2017 12:01 #4965 by SnowBall
Hi everyone

I have a project on VISUAL BASIC 2008 with SP1, and .NET FRAMEWORK 3.5. This project is communicating with the local TOP SERVER, and bring device data, when Im trying to communicate the project with a remote TOP SERVER I get the HRESULT: 0x80040202 error, I was looking for the error code list of HRESULT and I couldnt found it, so this forum is an alternative to figure out what is happening.

With F8 I could found the code line where the code miss, is when the program calls the server

MyOPCServer = New OPCAutomation.OPCServer
On Error GoTo ErrorHandler
Call MyOPCServer.Connect(OPCServerType, OPCServerName) '** After this code line
On Error GoTo ErrorHandler '** Here, afeter this got to ErrorHandler

It works fine local but not remote, any ideas?

More
16 Feb 2017 23:02 #4964 by SnowBall
Hi everyone

I have a project on VISUAL BASIC 2008 with SP1, and .NET FRAMEWORK 3.5. This project is communicating with the local TOP SERVER, and bring device data, when Im trying to communicate the project with a remote TOP SERVER I get the HRESULT: 0x80040202 error, I was looking for the error code list of HRESULT and I couldnt found it, so this forum is an alternative to figure out what is happening.

With F8 I could found the code line where the code has the error, is when the program calls the server

MyOPCServer = New OPCAutomation.OPCServer
On Error GoTo ErrorHandler
Call MyOPCServer.Connect(OPCServerType, OPCServerName) '** After this code line
On Error GoTo ErrorHandler '** Here, afeter this got to ErrorHandler

It works fine local but not remote, any ideas?

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds