Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

'A Security Package Specific Error Occurred'

• saravana48
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Mar 2015 08:54 #2941 by saravana48
Replied by saravana48 on topic A Security Package Specific Error Occurred
Thanks for the information.

We are using Windows Forms (desktop) application.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2015 07:22 #2940 by support
We are not the originator of the error. It is a Microsoft-defined error that comes from the COM/DCOM infrastructure, most likely at the moment when we attempt to instantiate either the OPCServer object, or OPCEnum. We are just passing this error up to the application layer.

If the application has worked previously, has not been changed, and then it stopped working for one specific remote computer, then something *else* must have changed. It could be an update of one of the computers involved, or security reconfiguration. That should be investigated.

The OPC clients that had not stopped working are all developed in the "usual" way, basically a COM consumer applications written in C++ and compiled into a native code. This includes the OPC Web Client 3.03, which on the surface has a .NET interface, but in reality it just provides a transformation layer on top of a COM client running as a "local server", i.e. in a separate process, much like the other OPC clients. It seems that the only clients that are affected are those that are purely .NET based. The problem can be influenced to the fact that in the .NET world, some of the COM security settings are controlled by the host (the CLR runtime), and may be different from what the non-.NET applications receive. For this reason, I suggest that you experiment with settings mentioned in the last two posts in this forum thread:

www.opclabs.com/forum/connections-reconnections-com-dcom/124...achines-via-code-quickopc-dcom

BTW, what kind of application is your project? E.g. a Windows Forms (desktop) app, Console app, Windows Service, Web app, Web Service, or...?

Best regards

• saravana48
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Mar 2015 10:49 #2924 by saravana48
Replied by saravana48 on topic A Security Package Specific Error Occurred
Thanks for response.

Can you give me more information about the error and What are the possible reasons for this error?

More
05 Mar 2015 10:36 #2923 by support
This will be difficult to investigate. Anyway, I have moved one of your posts to the same single thread, because it concerns with the same issue. Communication related to this will continue on this forum thread only.

• saravana48
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Mar 2015 08:34 #2910 by saravana48
Replied by saravana48 on topic 'A Security Package Specific Error Occurred'
I have OPC server located in remote. I try to read the PLC tag values from the OPC server in the Test-PC using the EasyOpcNetDemo.exe(QuickOPC 5.23) application. DCOM setup is configured in both the machine. It Shows error A Security Package Specific Error Occurred while browsing the root tags.

But using OPC Web Client 3.02, I get the values without any error

What is the reason for the error and how to fix it?
Attachments:

• saravana48
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Mar 2015 04:55 - 05 Mar 2015 05:20 #2908 by saravana48
A Security Package Specific Error Occurred was created by saravana48
Hello,

I have created a VB.NET winform application using QuickOPC Classic 5.12 to subscribe data from OPC Server(remote machine). It has been working without any problems for last 10 months. But now I get the error 'A Security Package Specific Error Occurred'.

I have tested the connection with the OPC server using
1) MatrikonOPC Explorer
2) Software Toolbox OPCData.NET Browse Demo (using OPC Web Client 3.02)

I have able to connect the OPC server and subscripe the tag values withot any error.

The error occurs only in QuickOPC Classic 5.12 application.

My questions:
1) What is the reason for this error and how to fix it?
2) If the problem persist on the DCOM setup, then what are the settings to be rechecked to fix this error?
Last edit: 05 Mar 2015 05:20 by saravana48.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds