Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Get servers from the Remote Machine

More
25 Sep 2014 06:58 #2339 by support
The originating error message is "The RPC server is unavailable.".
Please make sure you have configured the firewall and DCOM as necessary. You can use the information listed here: www.opclabs.com/forum/feature-requests-product-improvement-i...iguration-for-opc-classic#2338 .

In your case, with the RPC error, start with looking at the firewall issues first.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2014 07:57 #2335 by pankaj
This is the full error detail I got.
Attachments:

More
23 Sep 2014 17:57 #2331 by support
What are the details of the exception? Especially, the full message, and its Source and InnerException?

For what needs to be installed on the client machine (where your application with QuickOPC is), see the Concepts document, section Application Deployment. The document is installed with the product and available then from the Start menu, or online here: www.opclabs.com/files/documents/QuickOpc/Latest/Concepts-QuickOPC.pdf .

The remote machine (where the other OPC servers reside) generally needs "OPC Core Components" - the redistributable is included with QuickOPC installation as well, or can be obtained from OPC Foundation: opcfoundation.org/developer-tools/developer-kits-classic/core-components/ . Normally, however, they are installed together with any OPC server on that machine, so you do not have to do anything in addition.

In your situation, it is far more likely that the problem is in DCOM configuration, rather than in a missing deployment piece. We need the exception details as described above, however, to be able to proceed further.

Best regards

More
23 Sep 2014 16:25 #2330 by pankaj
I have successfully got the servers list on my local host
var list = easyAEClient1.BrowseServers("");

Now, I am trying to get the same list from the remote machine using

var list = easyAEClient1.BrowseServers("XXX.XXX.XXX.XX");

I am getting exception OPC-A&E operation failure.
I am just wondering should QuickOPC Dlls should be installed in that PC as well for this work as these libraries are not there on remote machine.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds