Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Connecting to remote OPC Server

More
20 Sep 2014 09:25 #2311 by limonka
In the client computer 64-bit, in the server 32-bit. I will try it on one client 32bit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2014 11:34 #2310 by support
Have you installed 32-bit or 64-bit version of OPC Core Components?

More
18 Sep 2014 06:59 #2308 by limonka
I have installed OPC Core Components Redistributable 105.0 version 3.00.10501

More
16 Sep 2014 13:43 #2294 by support
This is really weird. I still suspect something on the computer itself, maybe with the OPC Core Components. I understand that you have installed them with QuickOPC, but has that been the latest thing you installed, OPC-wise? What about the other OPC servers or clients you have there - haven't they been installed AFTERWARDS?

In your Control Panel, what does it say precisely about the OPC Core Components? In the Add/Remove Programs, what is in the "Name" column, and what is in the "Version" column?

Thank you

More
16 Sep 2014 10:44 #2293 by limonka
Console application

More
16 Sep 2014 09:33 #2292 by support
What type is your project please? E.g. Windows Forms, console, Windows Service, Web service, Wep app?

More
15 Sep 2014 15:57 #2290 by limonka
I'm using QuickOpc 5.23. The client computer 64 bit, but I compiling the program as x86. The server computer is x86.
I can browse servers in the local computer.

After I wrote this line:
EasyDAClient.SharedParameters.Machine.BrowseFromRegistry = false;

Exception no longer occurs, returns an empty list of servers for the local computer and the remote.

I also installed QuickOpc on both computers, so OPC Core components are everywhere.

More
15 Sep 2014 15:19 - 15 Sep 2014 15:20 #2289 by support
Hi,

this is an unusual error. I do not know the cause, but can you please provide some more bits of information?
  1. Which version and build of QuickOPC are you using?
  2. Is the client computer 32 or 64 bit system? And the server (remote) computer?
  3. Does the BrowseServers work locally, or on other remote computers?
  4. Please try disabling remote registry browsing:
EasyDAClient.SharedParameters.Machine.BrowseFromRegistry = false;

Also
  • Can you please check that recent OPC Core Components are installed on both sides, from www.opcfoundation.org .
  • Note that the parameter you are setting (ClientParameters.UseCustomSecurity) only affects connections to OPC servers that are already identified. If you intent was to influence the parameters for the BrowseServers, the corresponding (same named) parameters are in the MachineParameters.

Best regards
Last edit: 15 Sep 2014 15:20 by support.

More
15 Sep 2014 11:21 - 15 Sep 2014 11:23 #2288 by limonka
Hi,
I'm trying connect to the remote server and I get the error OPC operation failure.
I tried to connect with another client, the server list is returned.
DCOM is configured.

I'm used this code:
EasyDAClient.ClientParameters.UseCustomSecurity = false;
EasyDAClient cl = new EasyDAClient();
var f = cl.BrowseServers("dms8000");
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Sep 2014 11:23 by limonka.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds