Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Access Denied error while browsing tags in Quick OPC

More
12 Jun 2014 09:14 #2042 by support
In 3.02, there was a separate OPC Client process that made the connections; in this sense it was more similar to traditional OPC clients you test with.

In 5.x, the connections are made right from you app's process, which hosts .NET runtime. The security works differently in this scenario. Besides checking everything in the DCOM config, I suggest you try different settings for the settings mentioned near the bottom of this forum thread: www.opclabs.com/forum/connections-reconnections-com-dcom/124...achines-via-code-quickopc-dcom .

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2014 07:00 - 12 Jun 2014 06:17 #2039 by Kathir
I have used the OPC web client 3.02 demo application to read the tag from the OPC server. The OPC server is running on different domain. I can browse the tags and it reads the values without errors.

When I am using the QuickOPC Classic 5.12 demo application to read the tag from the OPC server, I got the error "Access denied" while browsing the tags. The OPC Server is running on different domain.

I have setup the DCOM configuration.

NOTE: I have used the same OPC server for both OPC 3.02 and OPC 5.12.

UPDATE:
When I am using the Software Toolbox Server, the Quick OPC demo application did not throw any error and it reads the tag values successfully. The above mentioned error occurs only when accessing the Metnet OPC Server.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Jun 2014 06:17 by Kathir.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds