Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Trail Version "Access Denied" Error

More
18 Sep 2013 05:37 #1430 by support
What was the process to select the server - did you pick it from the list of remote servers by browsing them while doing the binding, or have you entered the ServerClass into the binding manually? In both cases, what is the value of ServerClass in the binding? (check it by clicking "Edit Live Bindings" verb under the Property Grid while after selecting the control on the form that has the binding).

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2013 13:57 #1429 by mjs5498
I did use another tool to test it and there ended up being a configuration issue on the server machine.

For initial testing I'm trying to bind data to a test box, however when I try to access the server I now get an "Invalid Class String" error.

More
16 Sep 2013 17:07 #1427 by support
This is usually caused by DCOM configuration.
Do you have some other simple OPC client to test from the same machine, and if so, does it work?

More
16 Sep 2013 13:20 #1426 by mjs5498
Hello,

I'm using the Trail version of the software and I'm running into an issue.

I'm using a C# form and I'm trying to bind a text box with an OPC item on a remote computer. When I browse to the computer it keeps telling me access denied. The full error is

OpcLabs.EasyOpc.OpcException: OPC operation failure. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient.CheckComResult(CHResult* hResult, IErrorInfo* pErrorInfo)
at OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient.CheckComResult(CHResult* hResult)
at OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient.BrowseServers(String machineName)
at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient.BrowseServers(String machineName)
at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.Browsing.ServerBrowseable.BrowseNodes(Object parentNode, IEnumerable`1& nodes, IEnumerable`1& exceptions)

How can I get around this issue so that I can get to testing to see if this fits my needs? Any help that could be offered would be greatly appreciated.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds