Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Access is denied error

More
11 Jan 2013 18:40 #1155 by gmessoroch
Your response is slightly discouraging...
Yes, we have verified all that.... We can use your component to write to a Matrikon (for example) OPC server on a remote host. And we can also use a different client component to wirte to remote SISCO server.
It's combination of OPC Labs component, and SISCO that's giving us a heartburn. And, without having that combination working, your component becomes rather moot to us.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2013 18:31 #1154 by kasssa
Replied by kasssa on topic Re: Access is denied error
When AXS4ICCP is on the same box, you are probably specifying "localhost" or "" as the machine name, right?

When AXS4ICCP is on a remote host, how are you specifying the machine name? Do you browse for it, or is it hard-coded? If it is hard-coded, you may want to verify that the name is exactly the same as on the remote host... Zeroes and "O"s, "I"s and "1"s and "l", and even "8"s and "B"s can look quite similar depending on the fonts used. If you're specifying an IP Address, verify it.
Hope this helps!

More
11 Jan 2013 17:29 #1152 by gmessoroch
Yes, it is. We eatablished that need during our previous discussion a few weeks back.

More
11 Jan 2013 16:32 #1151 by kasssa
Replied by kasssa on topic Re: Access is denied error
Quick thought - is the AXS4ICCP on the remote host running as a service?

More
10 Jan 2013 16:52 #1148 by gmessoroch
Hi,
I'm using QuickOPC to read/write to a SISCO's AXS4ICCP OPC server on a remote host.
I use simple calls to ReadItemValue and WriteItemValue.
I'm successfully able to execute read/write request using QuickOPC libraries to SISCO AXS4ICCP server when the client and the server are on the same box.
I'm successfully able to execute read and write from to a remote host using another type of OPC server ( Matrikon's OPC Simulation server). From that I conclude that all my firewall and DCOM configuration are set correctly as it succeed.
However when I'm trying the same read/write test to the remote SISCO's AXS4ICCP server I always get an "Access is denied." error.
Using alternate OPC test client (OPC Rescue, Kepware's Quick OPC Client, Matrikon Explorer) from my client machine all successfully establish a connection with the remote AXS4ICCP OPC server.
Even with my code modified with another OPC access library (Kepware's Client ACE) successfully establish a connection.
Based on previous Posts in this forum I also played with EasyDAClient.ClientParameters.TurnOffActivationSecurity and EasyDAClient.MachineParameters.TurnOffActivationSecurity on the client box without any success.
Any help/advise is welcome.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds