Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

MultipleItemsChanged event in C++

More
12 Oct 2011 14:02 #532 by support

Hello,
I am glad it's solved.

Here is the AE part - the dispids are 2001 and 2501.

[
object,
uuid(3FFF7D29-23DF-4050-9935-1BCB4E652D81),
oleautomation,
nonextensible,
helpstring("EasyAEClient Events"),
pointer_default(unique),
hidden
]
interface _IEasyAEClientEvents : IUnknown {
[id(2001), helpstring("Raised for every OPC event subscribed to by the SubscribeEvents method")]
HRESULT Notification([in] VARIANT varSender, [in] VARIANT varE);

[id(2501), helpstring("Raised for OPC events subscribed to by the SubscribeEvents method")]
HRESULT MultipleNotifications([in] VARIANT varSender, [in] VARIANT varEA); }

Best regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2011 14:01 #531 by support
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:50 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik

Hi, I have solved the problem. I missed some atl calls. But I also have to use AE, is the events handled in the same way?

If so what disp-ids do I need to get the events?

Now I am using 1002 for ItemChanged and 1004 for MultipleItemsChanged. What id do I need for AE?

Best regards
J.

More
12 Oct 2011 14:00 #530 by support
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 9:46 AM
To: .....

Hi,

I have made a test application that uses IDispEventImpl in order to get hold of the MultipleItemsChanged event, but I don’t get the event. Do you have any suggestions? I provide the code in the mail.

Is it possible to subscribe for 20.000 to 25.000 items using the SubscribeMultipleItems interface? Have you made any tests with that amount of items?

Best regards
J.
[attached zip with unnecessary files removed]

More
12 Oct 2011 13:55 #528 by support
Hello,

Yes, SubscribeMultipleItems is the best way.

I will look whether we have that example in C++.

Regards,

More
12 Oct 2011 13:54 #527 by support
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 12:07 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: ....

Hi,

In the application that I will build using your toolkit, if I can get the right performance, we have to keep track of 20.000-25.000 opcitems. There will not be value changes on all items at the same time, but as I understand it a call to SubscribeMultipleItems with all items will work, and I will get the highest performance that way?

Do you have any example code on how to make the MultipleItemsChanged event work in C/C++? I can not figure out how to catch the events.....

Best regards
<span style="font-family: "Calibri","sans-serif"; font-size: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">J.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds