Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

force refresh value

More
01 Mar 2022 18:09 #10677 by support
Replied by support on topic force refresh value
If you are not getting the right value/timestamp when specifying MaximumAge zero, the server is wrong.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2022 17:01 #10676 by ulix86
Replied by ulix86 on topic force refresh value
Thanks for the reply, I tried to set the MaximumAge property to zero as in the code below (vb6) but it doesn't work,
it return an old value probably from the cache.

What's wrong?

Dim ReadArguments3 As New UAReadArguments
    ReadArguments3.EndpointDescriptor.UrlString = Server
    ReadArguments3.EndpointDescriptor.UserIdentity.UserNameTokenInfo.UserName = user
    ReadArguments3.EndpointDescriptor.UserIdentity.UserNameTokenInfo.Password = Password
    ReadArguments3.NodeDescriptor.NodeId.expandedText = "ns=2;i=5386" 'cutting number
    ReadArguments3.ReadParameters.MaximumAge = 0

Dim arguments(2) As Variant
    Set arguments(0) = ReadArguments1
    Set arguments(1) = ReadArguments2
    Set arguments(2) = ReadArguments3

' Obtain values. By default, the Value attributes of the nodes will be read.
    Dim results() As Variant
    results = Client.ReadMultipleValues(arguments)

Thank you
Best regards

More
01 Mar 2022 10:59 #10673 by ulix86
force refresh value was created by ulix86
Hello support,
is it possible to force refresh of a value?

I try to explain myself...
when I read "number of cutting" value from the server (also with UAExpert) the server gives me back an
old value (10 minutes before the request). Probably the problem comes from the server but I would like to know
if is possible to force Server gives me the current value.

In UAExpert is possible to move the data into the Data Acces View and force the update. Is it possibile to do something like this in QuickOpc?

Thank you
Best regards
Dim ReadArguments3 As New UAReadArguments
 ReadArguments3.EndpointDescriptor.UrlString = Server
 ReadArguments3.EndpointDescriptor.UserIdentity.UserNameTokenInfo.UserName = user
 ReadArguments3.EndpointDescriptor.UserIdentity.UserNameTokenInfo.Password = passw
 ReadArguments3.NodeDescriptor.NodeId.expandedText = "ns=2;i=5386" 'number of cutting

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds