Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

There Isn’t Enough Memory To Perform This Operation Error In Access

More
25 Nov 2016 10:31 #4594 by support
Replied by support on topic Communication error
Thank you. When the Exception.Source is as you stated (as opposed to a ProgID of some OPC Server), it means that the error comes from some function called locally on the client side. Mostly, these are things that have to do with COM/DCOM, and VARIANT handling. Unfortunately there are many of them called during the process, and there is no easy way to tell which one has caused it. In general, it is some system error returned to us that prevents us from continuing the operation successfully - so in this sense, we are just "delivering" the message to your program.

The error is 0x8007000E, E_OUTOFMEMORY.

As the error text implies, it can be caused by low memory conditions. I think I have seen this error also when *other* system resources were missing, such as disk space, system handles, USER or GDI objects, or certainly when too many threads are created in the process.

Can you please check all these kinds of resources during the lifetime of the process (whether they do not "leak"), and at the moment the error appears? You can use Task Manager, or even better, PerfMon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2016 20:28 #4589 by MarkusZ
Replied by MarkusZ on topic Communication error
Yes you are right, the error message I get back from a call of the function "WriteMultipleItemValues".

Its the member "ErrorMessage" in the result structure which includes:
"Not enough storage is available to complete this Operation"

The member "Exception.Source" of the same result structure holds the string:
"OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient"

Thanks for your help.

More
04 Nov 2016 19:16 #4542 by support
I suppose that you get "Not enough storage is available" as an error message of the exception object contained in the Exception property of one or more results returned by the WriteMultipleItemValues method.

If so, can you please examine what is in the Source property of that Exception? That should help us determining where is the origin of the error.

Regards

More
04 Nov 2016 15:13 #4541 by MarkusZ
Replied by MarkusZ on topic Communication error
I am using the .net Version of QickOPC 5.22

The Problem seems to occure, after a Long time nothing has been done on the opc Connection. Maybe any timeout Problem.

Thanks.

More
03 Nov 2016 19:32 #4539 by support

Both possibilities you have mentioned are possible. The error can be reported by the server itself, and QuickOPC may just be transferring it to your program. Or, less likely, it may have its origin in QuickOPC (= client side) itself.

Please tell me which programming language or tool you are using, so that I can give you proper instructions for further troubleshooting.

Regards

More
03 Nov 2016 14:04 #4537 by MarkusZ
Changing some items via the function „WriteMultipleItemValues“ some times (occasionally after days) does not work and brings back the error message „Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.”

Has anybody an idea where this come from?

Is it a fault indicating an error on the client side (I am using QuickOPC to connect to an OPC server from another vendor) or comes the error message from the opc-server.
Thanks for your help.

More
03 Nov 2016 12:54 #4536 by MarkusZ
Communication error was created by MarkusZ
Occasionally, after days running continuously, I get the error message "Not enough storage is available to complete this Operation".

I get this message in the result structure after calling the function "WriteMultipleItemValues".

Does anyone have an idea how to avoid this problem?

Thanks for your help,
Markus

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds