Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Where can I find documentation about what errorcodes mean?

More
11 Jul 2015 08:40 #3432 by support
I apologize for not answering sooner; this was due to being out of office.

I cannot imagine a situation in which you cannot obtain the inner exception, at least using a debugger - but it should also be possible from the code. Each exception has an InnerException property, so you get it from there. The program cannot just "hang" with no further info obtainable - if it appears so, it must be waiting somewhere, and that can be discovered and possibly resolved - but that's your task, really.

There is no full list of possible errors, due to the complexity of the system and (dynamic) number of component involved. But the exception itself - or its InnerException - gives the information, so you need to get that info first.

Thanksfully, at least the numerical error code is include in the outer exception message. The particular error codes correspond to:

((HRESULT)0xC0049006L):
Server shut down. The OPC server indicated that it needs to shutdown. The application is releasing all connections and interfaces for this server. The application will try to reconnect to the server after a configurable period.

I think this is descriptive enough.

and

((HRESULT)0xC004C014L):
Value has bad quality.

This error is generated when the code calls a method such as ReadItemValue (or ReadMultipleItemValues), but the Value-Timestamp-Quality triple returned by the OPC Server indicates a Bad quality, thus no valid Value is actually present.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2015 14:05 #3428 by Nephilim777
Hello support

Recently I've started to familiarize myself with a vb.NET project my company have developed that uses your EASY OPC-product.
In this project I get 2 error-codes that isn't very well described, just :

"An OPC operation failure with error code -1073442810 (0xC0049006) occurred, originating from 'OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient'. The inner exception contains details about the problem."

and

"An OPC operation failure with error code -1073430508 (0xC004C014) occurred, originating from 'OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient'. The inner exception contains details about the problem."

My problem is that this is the only thing that I can log, because when they occur, the program hangs, and I cannot get the inner exception that is mentioned.

So my question is two-fold :
1) How do I get the inner exception-errortext?
and if that can't be answered :
2) What do the above error codes mean?

Thanks in advance

Jonas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds