Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

PHP - Return multiple Subscribed Items with single pump?

More
17 Nov 2011 14:24 #621 by support
Hello. Good to have you back.
You can start by downloading current version (5.11) from the Web site; it'll work in trial mode. I will send you the new license by email in 1-2 business days. The improvements we have discussed earlier are indeed contained in this new version.
Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2011 08:01 #620 by steveh
OPC Labs Technical Support wrote: ... You will get the new version free of charge ... Hello Zbynek,I have returned to OPC implementations after a long absence working on several other interfaces. I now have some time to do some OPC improvements and would like to take you up on your kind offer and update our OPC interfaces with multiple items handling to see how much of a difference it makes.How should I proceed?Steve.

More
23 May 2011 17:25 #380 by support
Hello. You can expect a Beta of Version 5.10 available in approx. a week (I will post a note to you), with planned release June 30 (this may change).
I can confirm OPC Alarms and Events support in Version 5.10. I can also confirm the ability to pass multiple item changes in one notification. Whether this will actually bring a noticeable improvement in your scenario is something that will have to be tested (multiple events will be reduced to one - that's good; however from inside of the event handler the app code still needs to access properties of the passed objects, which will lead to further process context switches - same as before). I am read to work with you on this.
Best regards,
Zbynek Zahradnik

More
23 May 2011 15:45 #379 by steveh
Just checking in to see if there has been any progress with the new version ...

More
22 Dec 2010 14:19 #160 by steveh
Thanks for the quick response. Yes of course, I will wait as long as is necessary to get a proven result. My current issue is more of a nuisance than an impediment. The main problem is at initialisation time when I need to process all items in as short a time as possible. I often end up with events well behind real time until the pump catches up. Once I am operating in real time the pump bottlekneck becomes an issue only occasionally.The OPC Alarms&Events support will also be of some benefit as I tighten my status monitoring.I thank you for your consideration.If you think I could be of help in beta testing let me know.

More
22 Dec 2010 13:48 #159 by support
Hello, in current versions (i.e. up to QuickOPC-COM 5.02, QuickOPC.NET 5.03), only one event is contained in each ItemChanged notification. This is valid even if you use SubscribeMultipleItems.
I understand the issue with effectiveness of this approach, and an improvement (MultipleItemsChanged notification) is on the to-do list. Currently this is considered for version 5.10 (main new feature in this version should be OPC Alarms&Events support), which is due by approx. 3 months from now. I wonder if you can wait? You will get the new version free of charge, as you have been so instrumental with PHP issues.
Best regards,
Zbynek Zahradnik

More
22 Dec 2010 05:10 #158 by steveh
I have been using subcriptions in PHP to get items on events for a while with excellent results. However, as I roll out to more complex sites, and the number of subscribed items increases into the several hundreds I am finding the restriction of receiving one event per com_message_pump() to be a time nuisance.Is there a way to get more than one changed item back per com_message_pump(), perhaps in an array, or is the only alternative to go to a subscribe multiple items variation, which has its own issues?If either way is possible, could you possibly provide an implementation example as an extension of QOC-KB-5?

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds