Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Hang or timeout with QuickOPC-COM build 5.0.1122.1

More
14 Apr 2010 12:01 #15 by support
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 11:36 AM
To: W.
Subject: RE: OPCData-COM

This problem is now fixed in QuickOPC-COM build 5.0.1163.1.

Regards,
Zbynek Zahradnik

Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 10:45 AM

Hello W.,

I have found the bug. Will fix it and make a new build.

There is a workaround, too: Start the EasyOPC-DA Options Application, and select the Global Parameters tab. Then:

- In the Machine Parameters group, check “Turn off activation security for OPCEnum”
- In the Client Parameters group, check “Turn off activation security for OPC servers”

This has some side security effects too, but should be good enough for exploration and development. The bug affects QuickOPC-COM build 5.0.1122.1, and appears only when one or both these options are turned off (as they are, by default).

Regards,

Zbynek Zahradnik

Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 1:21 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik

Hello Zbynek,

Great! I am glad you were able to see similar behavior. Just let me know when you have more information.

Thanks,

W.

Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 2:27 AM
W.,
Thanks.

I have tried on clean XP box and indeed, I can confirm that there is a problem (I did not get the precise error message, just an empty error field, but indeed got no value in the Demo app, after 30 seconds or so).

I almost cannot believe it, since it went through so much testing. It could be something broken in that particular build only. But anyway, I will investigate and let you know.

Best regards,
Zbynek Zahradnik

Sent: Monday, April 12, 2010 10:35 PM

Hello Zbynek,

I may have had v3.02 installed on my personal box at one point but I am pretty sure I have not. I did a reformat at the first of the year and only use 3.02 on a virtual PC.

The Demo Application goes to (Not Responding). I have not changed anything. Simply installed the OPCData-COM. I tried with computer blank and localhost. I have been able to successfully connect to Quick Client to the Kit Server so I don't think that is the problem. I current have it registered as both In-Proc and Local Server. I have just also tried Local Server only and it does throw an error after about 30-60 seconds.

OPCLabs.EasyDAClient.5.0: Cannot connect client (timeout).

The Quick Client is still connected just fine. I have just turned off the Quick Client and tested again with Local Server. I get the same error message.

My box is a Windows XP machine. R. has also been able to reproduce the behavior. I think hers is Windows XP too.

eopcdat.dll - 5.0.1122.1
eopcdai.dll - 5.0.1122.1
eopcdam.dll - 5.0.1122.1

Please let me know if I can provide more information.

Thanks,

W.

Sent: Monday, April 12, 2010 4:00 PM
W.,

Please clarify – for start, are you saying that the Demo application hangs with the product right out of the box? No changes, and connecting to the simulation server provided with the product?

Is this on a computer that had (or still has) the previous version installed?
In the Options app, does it show to be registered In-proc, Local server, Service, or a combination?

Thanks
Zbynek Zahradnik

Sent: Monday, April 12, 2010 9:39 PM
Subject: OPCData-COM

Hello Zbynek,

I have a customer who is interested in upgrading his old v3.02 to v5.0 of the OPCData-COM. He has downloaded the demo. He is attempting to create a PHP page. He has based his page off of the example from the bonus pack. Below is his code he is using. Attached is the error he gets.

I then tested with the Demo Application that installs with the software and it seems to hang as well. The customer also says the Demo Application hangs. I have to think the errors are related. Do you have any idea why the Data-COM Demo Application hangs? I think if we are able to get this to work we can solve the customers problem.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

ReadAndDisplayValue.php
body>
<?php

// Create EasyOPC-DA component
$EasyDAClient = new COM("OPCLabs.EasyDAClient.5.0");

// Read item value and display it
print $EasyDAClient->ReadItemValue("", "OPCLabs.KitServer.2", "Demo.Single");

//$Value = $EasyDAClient->ReadItemValue(
//"FAB060",
//"SWToolbox.TOPServer",
//"DT.FV010.CPU_ID",
//17,
//"");

//echo $Value;

?>

W.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds