Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

QuickOPC and MSExcel

More
06 Jun 2014 21:00 #2034 by Flintstone
Replied by Flintstone on topic QuickOPC and MSExcel
You are absolutely right. I'm not sure what I was thinking. Thank you for your time and fast response.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2014 19:25 #2033 by support
Replied by support on topic QuickOPC and MSExcel
You have probably chosen an install for .NET development, right on the first page of the installation wizard. Run the setup again, and choose a setup for COM development.

The examples you are looking for should then be under the folder you mentioned (in an Example subfolder). And, the type libraries should appear in the list.

Best regards

More
06 Jun 2014 14:52 #2032 by Flintstone
The “Examples-QuickOPC.pdf” mentions four VBA examples,” ReadAndDisplayValue.xls,” “ReadAndDisplayMultipleValues.xls,” “ReadAndWriteValue.xls,” and “SubscribeToMultipleItems.xls.” These examples are also mentioned in the “What's New-QuickOPC.pdf.” Are these examples supposed to be installed along with the product? I cannot find them anywhere within the “QuickOPC 5.3” folder. In addition, when I try reference the QuickOPC-COM component within excel (Tools -> References), the “OPC Labs EasyOPC Type Library” and “OPC Labs OPC User Objects Type Library” references are not listed. Only the “OPC Labs Kit Server 2.1 Type Library” reference is shown. I tried to browse and add a reference, but I receive a dialog box stating that a reference cannot be added to the specified file. Can you point me to the location of the example xls files and how to add the “OPC Labs EasyOPC Type Library” reference?

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds