Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Ghost 0xC0040007 Error

More
20 Nov 2010 14:55 #139 by support
<span style="font-family: "Tahoma","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">From:<span style="font-family: "Tahoma","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"> Zbynek Zahradnik
Sent: Saturday, November 20, 2010 3:50 PM
To: W.
<span style="font-family: "Tahoma","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">Subject: RE: Ghost 0xC0040007 Error

<span style="font-family: "Calibri","sans-serif"; color: #1f497d; font-size: 11pt">W.,
<span style="font-family: "Calibri","sans-serif"; color: #1f497d; font-size: 11pt">this not a known issue.
<span style="font-family: "Calibri","sans-serif"; color: #1f497d; font-size: 11pt">
<span style="font-family: "Calibri","sans-serif"; color: #1f497d; font-size: 11pt">The component itself does not ever generate <span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt">0xC0040007 (OPC_E_UNKNOWNITEMID) or, in fact, any <span style="font-family: "Calibri","sans-serif"; color: #1f497d; font-size: 11pt">OPC-defined errors. This is valid in all versions.
<span style="font-family: "Calibri","sans-serif"; color: #1f497d; font-size: 11pt">In theory, a bug could exist that would cause the error – once reported to the component – appear somewhere else mistakenly (such as for different item). But even in wildest imagination, I do not think that the component can make it up completely.
<span style="font-family: "Calibri","sans-serif"; color: #1f497d; font-size: 11pt">If you have logged everything on your server, I suspect some other server may be in play.
<span style="font-family: "Calibri","sans-serif"; color: #1f497d; font-size: 11pt">
<span style="font-family: "Calibri","sans-serif"; color: #1f497d; font-size: 11pt">If they were using latest version, I would be able to work with you and them to nail it down.
<span style="font-family: "Calibri","sans-serif"; color: #1f497d; font-size: 11pt">Other, possibly related stuff: Older versions have not retried AddItems for items that once returned such error. It would take some time to research when the re-try for this was implemented. Re-configuring the server, with such old version, would not help in getting rid of it. But if you see new AddItems for it, then it probably works fine.
<span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; color: #1f497d; font-size: 10pt">Zbynek Zahradnik<span style="font-family: "Calibri","sans-serif"; color: #1f497d; font-size: 11pt">
<span style="font-family: "Tahoma","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt">From:<span style="font-family: "Tahoma","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt"> W.
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2010 10:05 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: Ghost 0xC0040007 Error

<span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt">Hello Zbynek,

<span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt">We have a customer using the old v3.02 version of the Data.NET. I understand this version is unsupported but I want to find out if this error may be a known issue or not in that version. I will try to explain what they are doing and what the error they are seeing is.

<span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt">1. They loop through 750 items and call RequestItem on all the items.
<span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt">2. The get an error on some of the items which is 0xC0040007 "Item does not exist in server..."
<span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt">3. The Server is TOP Server. We have captured OPC Diagnostics that show a successful call to AddItems and then even callbacks for that item.

<span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt">My question is how could they be getting the error if TOP Server is not the one reporting it? They claim they are only connecting to the TOP Server. I am wondering if you have ever seen anything like this before with the older version? Do you have any other ideas why this erro would be happening?

<span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt">Thanks,

<span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt">W.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds