Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

OPC in Microsoft Access (subscriptions)

More
15 Apr 2014 07:50 - 15 Apr 2014 08:01 #1837 by support
Yes, there is "magic" auto-wiring involved. It comes from the ConnectObject method in WScript (the second statement below):
Dim EasyDAClient: Set EasyDAClient = CreateObject("OPCLabs.EasyDAClient.5.2")
WScript.ConnectObject EasyDAClient, "EasyDAClient_"

This is described here: msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ccxe1xe6(v=vs.84).aspx , but is specific to VBScript - or, more precisely, to VBScript in WSH (Windows Scripting Host).

In a "full" Visual Basic (VB6), or VBA (as in Access), it is done differently. Basically, you need to:

1. Reference the "OPC Labs EasyOPC Type Library" (in Tools -> References)
2. In some object module you are writing, declaring the variable of the EasyDAClient type with the "WithEvents" keyword, such as:
Public WithEvents Client As EasyDAClient

3. Where it is appropriate in your code, instantiate the object:
Set Client = New EasyDAClient

4. You can create event handlers like this: In the upper left corner of the code window, expand the drop-down list, it will show (among others) the "Client" object - select it. Then, in the upper-right corner of the windows, you can choose from the events provided by the "Client", and when you select one, and event handler procedure skeleton will be automatically created for you in the code.

I hope this helps
Last edit: 15 Apr 2014 08:01 by support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2014 07:44 #1836 by support
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2014 9:23 AM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: AW: OPC Labs Contact Form - QuickOPC 5.X Compatibility

Hallo Mr Zahradnik!

Sorry that I am responding so late.

I tried your client today with Access 2007 and it is pretty easy to handle.

In the “QuickOPC-COM Reference” I found the example “IEasyDAItemChangedEventArgs.Main.vbs” Script.
I assume that the Sub “EasyDAClient_ItemChanged(Sender, e)” is executed as soon as one of the two variables changes its value.
What I am missing is the connection of the created client “EasyDAClient” to the sub. How is this done or is there some auto wiring involved?
Thank you for your answer.

More
15 Apr 2014 07:43 #1835 by support
Von: Zbynek Zahradnik ...
Gesendet: Montag, 17. März 2014 21:01
An: A.
Betreff: RE: OPC Labs Contact Form - QuickOPC 5.X Compatibility

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your interest in our products.

Our product supports Windows Server 2012. For use from Microsoft Access, you need to add a reference to our type library, and use the COM object (EasyDAClient or EasyAEClient) provided, from your VBA code.
We have not specifically tested with MS Access 2013, but we tested we earlier versions (and also with 2013 versions of Excel etc., all from VBA), and there is no reason why it shouldn’t work.

I would be happy to help you in case you run into any troubles. The trial version can be downloaded from www.opclabs.com/downloads . When installing, select the “Express install for COM development” (the default is for .NET, and that’s not a straightforward option for MS Access).

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions.

Yours sincerely,

More
15 Apr 2014 07:43 #1834 by support
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2014 8:22 AM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: OPC Labs Contact Form - QuickOPC 5.X Compatibility

Hello!

I would like to know if the product is compatible with Micorosoft windows Server 2012 and Microsoft Access 2013.
Thank you for the information.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds