Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

com_exception: Description: Write not completed.

More
18 Aug 2013 18:09 #1396 by support
Yes, the trial runtime limit is 30 minutes. And you will get COM exception when it is over. But the code&message should be different, not a "Write not completed".
The following user(s) said Thank You: dlbrown06

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2013 14:56 #1395 by dlbrown06
This possibly is a palm to forehead moment...

Right now I have this installed under a trial license. Let me guess that the trial allows the connection for about 30 minutes? It is consistently failing after what seems to be 30 minutes. I can confirm this is the case with the licensed version that I have.

Thanks for your help. Every project that I work on for customers I'm recommending this com object for development. It really is a great product you have here.

More
17 Aug 2013 16:01 #1393 by support
This may be QuickOPC problem if e.g. the EASYOPCL process has unexpectedly terminated (if out-of-process component is used). If it is running, it is more likely that the exception indicates a problem with the target OPC server. In this case, it would be an expected behavior on part of QuickOPC.

Your code should be handling COM exceptions from calls to QuickOPC methods (except those with "Multiple" in their name). Any error reported by the target OPC server would be a COM exception as well, and you cannot rule them out, so the code should not crash in this case.

More
15 Aug 2013 21:19 #1391 by dlbrown06
I've installed the new version and it looks like I'm getting a different error. I've had all the services running simultaneously for about 40 minutes and then they all crashed one after another with the following exception:

exception 'com_exception' with message 'Error [0x800706be] The remote procedure call failed. ...

This is happening when trying to write to one opc item.

I'll keep you updated if I notice anything else.

More
09 Aug 2013 05:44 #1380 by support
You can check the installed version/build e.g. by using the About button in the utilities such as EasyOPC Options utility, or by right-clicking on any component executable (EXE, DLL), selecting Properties, and checking the info on the Details tab.

Best regards

More
08 Aug 2013 12:39 #1379 by dlbrown06
Okay thanks for clearing that up. It would be kind of cool if I were able to check what build I had installed vs what is the latest build that you have released with what bug fixes are included with each build.

Thanks, I'll test this one out and let you know.

-Doug

More
08 Aug 2013 06:36 #1378 by support
It is version 5.22.322.1 (or later). I wouldn't tell you to download it, if it wasn't there.

The build number is on the first page of the installation wizard.

More
07 Aug 2013 12:14 #1377 by dlbrown06
The only download for the COM object is 5.22. How do I know the version is 5.22.322.1?

More
07 Aug 2013 09:40 #1376 by support
We have posted a new build (5.22.322.1) with the fix I mentioned. It is on the Downloads page.

More
05 Aug 2013 16:29 #1373 by support
I will make a post to this thread when this new build is released.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds