Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Change QuickOPC version used on development machine

More
23 Jan 2019 07:36 #7025 by support
For COM usage, you cannot *run* multiple versions of QuickOPC at the same computer (this is different from .NET where the versions are isolated).

You should still be able to *build* for multiple versions of QuickOPC, but in that case you need to reference the QuickOPC type libraries not by their TLBID, e.g. not
#import "libid:ecf2e77d-3a90-4fb8-b0e2-f529f0cae9c9"
but instead by pointing to the actual .TLB file for the version you want. See docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/preprocessor/hash-import-directive-cpp?view=vs-2017 .

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2019 07:27 #7024 by federica
But if I want to debug or test a different version of the library rather the last version installed, can I switch from one version to another?
Is there a way to change the version linked by the compiler?
Thanks

More
22 Jan 2019 19:41 #7023 by support
For record, this is now answered (by yourself) in the forum thread you have referenced.

Thank you.

More
22 Jan 2019 13:24 #7020 by federica
Hi,
I'm facing the problem described in this topic which is causing me compatibility problems between new versions of my application and machines with old installations of the library: www.quickopc.com/forum/quickopc-com--4/2580-property-with-a-different-name-in-the-new-release
At the moment I'm distributing version 2018.1 and I'm testing version 2018.3 of the library.

On my development machine, I installed QuickOPC version 2018.1 and 2018.3.
I need a quick way to change the version linked by the compiler. Is there a way? How can I switch from one version to another?

Thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: support

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds