Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Error 80131534

More
29 Jun 2021 06:49 #9842 by support
Replied by support on topic Error 80131534
Hello,
thank you for update. I am glad that it works now. I might have come to the same conclusion with you, but you were quicker...

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2021 02:34 #9841 by B351
Replied by B351 on topic Error 80131534
Submit got hit early on the previous post.
I was not able to check for types or grammar so please forgive those errors

To continue,

After installing those two files my application ran as expected.

Thanks for your help

More
29 Jun 2021 02:32 #9840 by B351
Hi,
This issue has been resolved.
I was not able to disable boxing as suggested because I am developing with VB6 and am not able to use an config file
I did try the latest version of the control but was not able to use it because it cave a licensing error every time I tried to subscribe to items
I also tried to use the included demo application EasyOPCDADemo.exe included with the control and it failed.
I installed the dot net controls and tried the demo applications and they worked.
I installed my application on another window 10 machine and it worked.
I compared setup for Dcom and made them the same , still failed on the first machine
I checked the .net versions and they were both 4.8
I searched for more information on The type initializer for 'OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient' threw an exception Error and found a link
on this website but it was not helpful
I found a link on support.softwaretoolbox.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3909 and this helped

From thier web site
This issue will be fixed in the 2020.3 release, but until then, here is the workaround:
"
Visit support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
Scroll down to find the heading "Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019".
If you are on 32-bit machine, download and install the x86 library. If you are on a 64-bit machine, install both the x86 and x64 libraries.
"

I downloaded these two files
vc_redist.x86.exe
vc_redist.x64.exe

More
28 Jun 2021 12:41 #9831 by support
Presumably not, *if* what I described is the cause.

The recommended approach is that you test out first the latest version, with the trial license it has built-in. No need to purchase anything without verifying first that it works.

Best regards

More
28 Jun 2021 12:10 #9830 by B351
I have several machines that I will need to deploy to.
If I purchase an upgrade to the latest version would I still need to do this?

More
28 Jun 2021 12:07 #9829 by support
Hello.

It is possible that this is an incompatibility between Windows 10 version 2004, and QuickOPC 2018.3 (see kb.opclabs.com/Versions the numbered footnote reference under Operating System column). When Windows 10 version 2004, it caused issues with existing QuickOPC versions. This has been resolved in QuickOPC 2020.2 and later.

If this is the cause, there is a workaround: kb.opclabs.com/How_to_disable_prerequisites_boxing .

Best regards

More
27 Jun 2021 17:12 #9825 by B351
Hi,

Here is some additional information that may help
I install the application on another windows 10 64 bit machine
I also installed dotnet 4.8
Used the installer
Ran the program.
The program was able to retrieve the license information without crashing.
When I used the .SubscribeMultipleItems function the program crashed with no error messages
I checked the windows event log and an error was logged.
I have attached a copy of the error and a copy of the windows version

On the original machine I uninstalled the software , manually removed the folders and reinstalled
The result was the same.error 80131534

Let me know if I can supply any more information.

Thanks

Thanks
Attachments:

More
27 Jun 2021 12:47 #9824 by B351
Can you please provide more information:

1. Which QuickOPC version are you using now.
OPC Labs QuickOPC 2018.3
2. Which Windows 10 version is on the computer that has the problem - taken from the WINVER command.
Windows 10 Enterprise
Version 1903 OS Build 18362.30
Screenshot is attached

3. Is there any interesting event in Windows Application log when this happens? (Event Viewer -> Event Viewer (Local) -> Windows Logs -> Application)
No events are logged ,
I cleared the log , ran the program, it had the error.
No events logged

4. Is the Windows 10 computer running 32-bit, or 64-bit system?
64 bit system
5. In CMD, can you change the directory to where you have installed the files, do DIR >DIR.TXT, and post here the resulting DIR.TXT file? 64 bit system
The files are stored in two locations
C:\Program Files (x86)\OPC Labs QuickOPC 2018.3\Assemblies\net462
C:\Program Files (x86)\OPC Labs QuickOPC 2018.3\Bin
Files attached

6. What was the directory location of the REGASM executable you used to register the assemblies?
C:\Program Files (x86)\OPC Labs QuickOPC 2018.3\Assemblies\net462

Note: I consider it somewhat dangerous to mix running the installer, AND trying to do your own assembly registration. The documented procedure is either to run the installer, or perform the manual installation - but not both. But we will see.

Originally I used the production installer
Next I tried the full installer
Next I installed dot net 4.8
Next I tried manually registering the dll’s

Thanks , let me know if you require any more information
Attachments:

More
27 Jun 2021 09:06 #9823 by support
Hello,

can you please provide more information:

1. Which QuickOPC version are you using now.
2. Which Windows 10 version is on the computer that has the problem - taken from the WINVER command.
3. Is there any interesting event in Windows Application log when this happens? (Event Viewer -> Event Viewer (Local) -> Windows Logs -> Application)
4. Is the Windows 10 computer running 32-bit, or 64-bit system?
5. In CMD, can you change the directory to where you have installed the files, do DIR >DIR.TXT, and post here the resulting DIR.TXT file?
6. What was the directory location of the REGASM executable you used to register the assemblies?

Note: I consider it somewhat dangerous to mix running the installer, AND trying to do your own assembly registration. The documented procedure is either to run the installer, or perform the manual installation - but not both. But we will see.

Best regards

More
27 Jun 2021 03:54 #9819 by B351
Error 80131534 was created by B351
Hi
I have compiled an application using VB6 running on a windows 7 32 bit machine.
I deployed to to a Windows 10 64 bit machine and get error 80131534 when the application trys to use the OPCLabs.EasyOPCClassic.dll
I have installed dot net 4.8
I have run the production and full installation of the product
I have run the license manage and the product is licensed
I have run regasm.exe and successfully registered all of the dlls in the C:\Program Files (x86)\OPC Labs QuickOPC 2018.3\Assemblies\net462 folder

I took the application and repeated these steps on a Windows 7 64 bit machine and the application works as expected.

What is the next step?

Thank you
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds