Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Obtain newest version compatible with .NET Framework 4.6.1

More
12 Nov 2020 13:57 - 12 Nov 2020 13:57 #9137 by support
Yes, it looks like that you need at least Windows version 1607 for .NET 4.7 but you are probably on 1507. Windows 10 LTSB should be upgradable to 1607 (or even 1809).

.NET 4.6.1 won't work with QuickOPC 2020.2, that's no surprise, as the minimum is .NET 4.7, I have written that specifically in my post, and is also listed as such in the table (kb.opclabs.com/Versions ).

So yes, your options look right to me.

Regards
Last edit: 12 Nov 2020 13:57 by support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2020 13:37 #9136 by bftrock

even our latest released version (QuickOPC 2020.2) is compatible with .NET 4.7+ ; it does not require .NET 4.7.2

If I set my solution to use .NET Framework 4.6.1 and build the solution, I get the following 2 errors:

Error: Unable to resolve type 'OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.Forms.Browsing.DAItemDialog, OpcLabs.EasyOpcForms, Version=5.58.257.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6faddca41dacb409'

Warning: The primary reference "OpcLabs.EasyOpcForms, Version=5.58.257.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6faddca41dacb409, processorArchitecture=MSIL" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the assembly "App_Web_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw.x86, Version=5.58.257.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6faddca41dacb409" which was built against the ".NETFramework,Version=v4.7" framework. This is a higher version than the currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.6.1".

on the other hand, AFAIK there is nothing that prevents you from installing .NET 4.7.2 on Windows LTSB.

For Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB, when I try to install .NET Framework version 4.7.2 I get an error message saying the OS does not support this version of the .NET Framework.

So it seems my options are 1) upgrade OS or 2) downgrade QuickOPC.

More
11 Nov 2020 21:21 #9132 by support
Hello,
the table of versions, together with the compatibility information, and ability to download the older versions, is here: kb.opclabs.com/Versions .

But
- even our latest released version (QuickOPC 2020.2) is compatible with .NET 4.7+ ; it does not require .NET 4.7.2, and
- on the other hand, AFAIK there is nothing that prevents you from installing .NET 4.7.2 on Windows LTSB.

The version table may tell you for some QuickOPC versions that they require e.g. WIndows 10 version 1709+ . And your LTSB (LTSC) may still be on version 1607. In such case, the recommended solution is to use (upgrade to) LTSC with version 1809. You can try running on older (1607) version and it may work, it's just that it is not officially supported by us.

Best regards

More
11 Nov 2020 19:49 #9131 by bftrock
Hello,

I recently upgraded to the latest version (September 2020) but I have found that it is not compatible with some OS versions in use by customers (Windows 10 LTSB - long-term service branch). I would like to obtain an older version, ideally the latest version before changing to .NET 4.7.2. Can you please tell me how to get that?

Thanks,
Brendan

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds