Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

OPC Subscribing does not work on a production installation

• m.baumgartner
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 Apr 2017 08:04 #5102 by m.baumgartner
You are absolutely right, we just haven't tried with the smaller "production installer" so far.
I wasn't sure it was specifically related to the full installer only.
We'll run some test with the small installer and I'll come back to you.

Thank you very much for your help. Much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2017 07:49 #5101 by support
You have not stated that you are using the "production" installer. You have written that you have selected one of the "production" installation types - presumably from the "full" installer.

If you are incorporating our installer into your own, you should be doing that using the smaller, "production" installer package. I have tested that one, and could not reproduce the problem.

I admit the problem exists with the "production" install type within the "full" installer, but that should not be a serious problem for you, because you are not supposed (and have no reason for) to embed the "full" installer into your installation program.

Please clarify if I understood something wrong.

Best regards

• m.baumgartner
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 Apr 2017 07:39 #5100 by m.baumgartner
On my production installations I would like QuickOPC to be deployed silently as part of my installation sequence thanks to your production installer.

It has to be transparent to the user, I cannot afford to ask the end user to execute an additional GUI installer.

More
11 Apr 2017 18:01 #5099 by support
Can you please explain why the workaround is not sufficient.

• m.baumgartner
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Apr 2017 15:14 #5098 by m.baumgartner
Please let me know when the fix is available because we will need this to work for our version public release in a few weeks.

More
11 Apr 2017 10:47 #5097 by support
I was able to reproduce the issue now. Many thanks for mentioning the use of "Production COM" setup type, because that's where the problem appears to be. It seems that this setup type is not installing/registering the type libraries properly.

We will look into that and fix it later.

For now, can you please work around this by re-running the Setup, and choose the "express install for COM development" instead.

Please let me know whether this has helped.

Best regards

• m.baumgartner
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Apr 2017 09:11 #5096 by m.baumgartner
No error but no event notification.

More
11 Apr 2017 09:10 #5095 by support
Thank you.

What are the symptoms in #5? Do you get some error, or is it the same as with your application, i.e. no error but also no event notification?

• m.baumgartner
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Apr 2017 09:04 #5094 by m.baumgartner
Hello and thank your for your fast reply.

1. Windows 10 x64
2. On the same machine (Matrikon OPC)
3. Delphi (IDE Delphi 10 Seattle)

5. This worked on the dev machine only again. Failed on the prod machine.

I guess this isn't related to my implementation then.
Tell me if you still need 4. (I don't have the app code quickly accessible right now where I am).

More
11 Apr 2017 08:34 #5093 by support
Hello,

can you please answer following questions?

1. Which operating system are you using on the production machine, and is it 32-bit or 64-bit?
2. Is the OPC server remote to the client, or on the same machine?
3. Which programming tool or language are you using?
4. Can you please post a skeleton of your ItemChanged event notification handler? I want to check the error handling approach.
5. Can you please take the _EasyDAClient.SubscribeItem.Main.vbs file (in the VBScript/WSH examples folder) from the development machine, place it on the production machine, modify it to connect to your OPC server & subscribe to your item, and test?

Thank you

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds