Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Portable C++ Examples

More
16 Nov 2016 07:59 #4563 by support
Replied by support on topic Portable C++ Examples
Dear Sir/Madam,

The examples you are referring to will be reintroduced in the upcoming QuickOPC version, which should be released during December 2016. Unfortunately we cannot provide them earlier, for the current version.

If you are using Visual C++, even when it is version 2008, they will not be a good choice, however. They are intended for users who do not use Microsoft compilers.

For VS 2008, I suggest that you simply use the examples we deliver (they are aimed at VS 2012, 2013 and 2015). There may be some differences, but nothing critical, so you should be able to rectify that. If you run into a problem that you cannot resolve, let us know and we will try to help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2016 07:58 #4562 by support
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 10:56 PM
Hello Sir/Madam;

I have download the OPC Labs trial version. I am using Visual C++ 2008 (MFC) to develop the applications.
I need to Communicate with RSLinx Server and need to make the Client version.
The example has the version of visual studio 2102, Can you email me the “Portable C++” Examples.

Portable C++ Examples
Note: No longer shipped with the product. Contact us if you are interested in these examples.

These examples are designed to only use C++ language features and libraries that are portable
across compilers.
• VoleReadItemValue: Shows how to read value of a single OPC item, and display it, using
STLSoft and VOLE libraries.
• VoleReadMultipleItems: Shows how to read 4 items at once, and display their values,

Thank you for your consideration.

Best Regards,
T.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds