Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Examples for Visual Studio 6

More
06 Aug 2013 15:46 #1375 by support
Hello.

For C++, it is true that we only provide examples in Visual Studio 2008 and later. There is, however, no reason why Visual Studio 6.0 could not be used to call QuickOPC-COM.

I suggest that you study the various source code under following directories:
  • <QuickOPC installation directory>\Examples\CPP\VS2008
  • <QuickOPC installation directory>\Examples\CPP\Portable
The solutions/projects from VS2008 will not load directly to VS6, but you should be able to create a new VS6 project, and then copy/paste parts of these examples into your project.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2013 21:15 #1374 by delan41
I need to add OPC-DA client in an old Visual-Studio 6 app, in C/C++.
Examples are for Visual Basic. Is any examples available on how to integrate QuickOPC?
To start, I would like to built a simple app from scratch with VC-6 wizard (MFC AppWizard).
How to setup stuff to read data from a server.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds