Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

PHP OPC remote server ("Machine not connected")

More
24 Nov 2011 15:32 #660 by Markus
Replied by Markus on topic Re: PHP OPC remote server
I traced the data from the demo application.
The output starts when I try to browse the items. The error is displayed then too.
I had to add the Server by typing the complete data into the Analyzer. It didn't get it automatically.
I hope it helps to solve the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2011 08:37 #659 by support
Replied by support on topic Re: PHP OPC remote server

In order to resolve this, we need to determine whether the problem is in the server or in the client, and therefore get a capture of the communication between them. For this, please download and install the <a href="/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=7Cz9jlnFyho%3d&tabid=195">OPC Analyzer Tool (<a href="/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=E3G2uWvIhrw%3d&tabid=195">readme file).
After installing, enter any necessary information in the "Category Filter" and "Remote Machine Name" fields, and press the "Refresh" button. Then, select your target OPC server from the "Server" drop-down, and make sure the trace is started (if "TRACE STOPPED" is displayed, press the "start trace" button).
You then need to modify your application (or change the settings in the demo app) to connect to the OPC Analyzer instead of your real target OPC server; the OPC Analyzer acts as an intermediate logger. The ProgID of the OPC Analyzer is "OpcTestLab.OpcAnalyzer.1". You can then run your application, and you should see the trace being collected in the OPC analyzer. It might be helpful to make handnotes of times of any relevant events, such as the time when you have started the application, and when the exception occurred. Afer you are finished, select File -> Save Trace in the Opc Analyzer, save the .TRA file, and send it to us - ideally, attach it to your reply in this forum.
Note: The OPC Analyzer tool is available to OPC corporate members only (such as OPC Labs are), thus the download is only permitted to your user account (you must be logged into our site), and you can only use it for the purpose of troubleshooting this particular problem.

More
24 Nov 2011 07:18 #658 by Markus

The error happen also when I try to Browse the items. And if I try to browse the server classes the field is empty.
No, I didn't tried it with server on the same machine. The Server runs on an wind turbine, I could not install there the Client and I didn't have a trial or something else for a test on the local machine.
I couldn't find any trial version.

More
23 Nov 2011 16:50 #656 by support
Thank you. I understand that your problem is not resolved, but actually this result is positive, because it shows that the original bug is resolved. There must be a separate reason for this new problem.
Can you please let me know:

Does this error happen only after you "read" or "subscribe", or does some problem also happen when you try to browse for items inside the server?
Have you tried it with the server and client on the same machine? If so, what was the result?
Is the (trial version of the) server available? If you do not know where I can obtain it, I will ask the manufacturer.

Note: do not use OPCItemGen for any further tests; either use your application, or the demo app (as you are doing), etc., just not OPCItemGen - it has a separate codebase which is not yet updated.

More
23 Nov 2011 08:00 #654 by Markus
Thank you!
But now there is another failure: "Interface not supported"

More
23 Nov 2011 05:35 #653 by support
Thank you.
I was finally able to reproduce the problem, or something similar. Fix for this is ready.
The new build is available from the Downloads page. Verification: It is labeled 5.11.482.1 or later.

More
22 Nov 2011 14:21 #649 by Markus
Same error as you can see ...

More
22 Nov 2011 14:16 #648 by support
There is just a single QuickOPC-Classic 5.11 on that page. You cannot make a mistake. Ignore the modification date listed.

More
22 Nov 2011 14:14 #647 by Markus
Which file is it?
I didn't find a release which is labeled with 5.11.481.1 on the downloads Page.

I couldn't see any file which has a modified date of today.

More
22 Nov 2011 13:26 #645 by support
The new build is available from the Downloads page. Verification: It is labeled 5.11.481.1 or later.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds