Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Cannot view DeltaV in Connectivity Explorer

More
08 Jun 2023 08:14 #11795 by support
Hello,

you can use the CORFLAGS utility (learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/tools/corflags-exe-corflags-conversion-tool ) with the -32BITREQ+ option, applied to the .exe of the ConnectivityExplorer, to force it to run in 32 bits.

You can verify how ConnectivityExplorer runs using Help->About; at the bottom of the About box, there is either "32-bit process" or "64-bit process".

Re "If I cannot run 32Bit python, is there a way that QuickOPC can bridge this gap?", there currently is no other known way; but as I wrote, if we got access to actually investigate in detail the computer with DeltaV server, there *might* be a way.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2023 08:20 #11791 by Mattias
Hi again,
Thank you for a rapid response.
My plan was to use Connectivity Explorer to verify that QuickOPC actually works as we need it to in our tests (we are running a test lab where DeltaV is the control system).

Can I change the Connectivity explorer to 32Bit to do this evaluation?
If I cannot run 32Bit python, is there a way that QuickOPC can bridge this gap?

I'll ask around if there is a DeltaV demo available.

//Mattias

More
07 Jun 2023 07:51 #11789 by support
Hello.

There are issues with DeltaV OPC server due to how it is registered in the system. Most OPC clients are 32-bits and can connect fine. Clients developed with QuickOPC can be either 32-bits or 64-bits, depending on how the application is built/run. If the OPC client runs in a 64-bit process, there are known issues connecting to DeltaV server.

See e.g.: support.softwaretoolbox.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3972 .

Is your intent to do the OPC client in Python? If so, try switching to 32-bit edition of Python.

If we could get our hands on a DeltaV demo installable or a VM image with it, we might be able to develop a better workaround.

Best regards

More
07 Jun 2023 07:32 #11788 by Mattias
Hi,
I have a local server (OPC.DeltaV.1) that I can view both in OPCWatchIt and with another 3:rd party program. When I try to connect to the server with Connectivity explorer i get this (CoCreateInstanceEx: Class not registered).
The Kit server works ok (also from the Python interface) but not the DeltaV one.
I am grateful for any help.
Regards
/Mattias

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds