Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

BrowseBranches()

More
02 Mar 2017 10:53 - 02 Mar 2017 10:54 #4980 by support
Replied by support on topic BrowseBranches()
Hello and welcome.

I am not sure why the error actually says "Argument not optional", but I can see that the code isn't quite right. The error actually does not have anything to do with the BrowseBranches method - it has to do with the Add method.

This works:

Dim client As New EasyDAClient
    Dim collection As DANodeElementCollection

Set collection = client.BrowseBranches("localhost", "OPCLabs.KitServer.2", "SimulateEvents")
The Add method can add one element to the collection - but not one collection to the other, which is what your code attempts to do.

Best regards
Last edit: 02 Mar 2017 10:54 by support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2017 10:14 #4979 by Wolf
BrowseBranches() was created by Wolf
I cannot get the BrowseBranches Function to work:

I am using VBA in Excel, but i think i am doing something fundamentally wrong..

Dim client As New EasyDAClient
Dim collection As New DANodeElementCollection

collection.Add (client.BrowseBranches("localhost", "OPCLabs.KitServer.2", "SimulateEvents"))

When trying to run this i get "Compile error: Argument not optional" with .BrowseBranches being highlighted.

Can you help a novice? :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds