Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Unable to connect with IGS OPC UA server

More
31 Jan 2023 06:24 #11499 by micham
Hi,

I have modified the server's end-points. See below.

This is the endpoint I am using:
opc.tcp://mike2022:49310

Thanks.
Michael
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2023 17:04 #11497 by support
Hello.

I am glad that it works now. Can you share how you made it - what was wrong or needed to change?

Best regards

More
30 Jan 2023 16:17 #11496 by micham
Hi,

I was able to connect. Thank you.
You may close this case.
Thank you for your support!

Michael

More
30 Jan 2023 15:15 #11495 by support
Hi,
thank you for the screenshots.

The "Server Endpoints" tab is correct, I believe it should work with these settings.
The "Trusted Clients" is not quite correct, your clients should appear there, either as Trusted, or at least Rejected initially. This is of course not the reason for the problem, but rather an effect of the problem (because the communication does not get that far for the server to "see" the client certificates), so nothing to be fixed right there. But it is helpful for me to know!

I now need two additional pieces of information please:

1. When you are trying to connect to the server using some of the applications written with QuickOPC , do you get any client-side popups asking you to confirm the server certificate?

2. Please figure out the full version number (including build/revision - the 4 parts altogether) of QuickOPC you are building with.

Best regards

More
28 Jan 2023 07:10 #11493 by micham
Hi, Sure. See below.

IGS > OPC UA Configuration:

Thanks.

Michael
Attachments:

More
27 Jan 2023 19:36 #11492 by support
Hello,
thanks, unfortunately there isn't much detail in this server log.

Can you post here screenshots of the "Server Endpoints" and "Trusted Clients" tabs of the "OPC UA Configuration Manager" of the server?

Regards

More
27 Jan 2023 17:24 #11489 by micham
Hello,

See the server diagnostics window when I try to connect. It says: "BadSecurityChecksFailed".

Thanks.

Michael
Attachments:

More
27 Jan 2023 15:35 #11486 by support
Hello.

Regarding the security settings: I would reserve playing with them for later. But here is the info:

- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...in%20Endpoint%20Selection.html
- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...e.html#Server%20Endpoints.html
- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...oint%20Selection%20Policy.html

What do you mean by "I don't see anything on the server side..."?. Is there something like a server log, and are you saying that it is empty? Or you just do not know where it is or are you saying that the server does not have that?

Regards

More
27 Jan 2023 15:16 #11484 by micham
Hi,

1. I don't see anything on the server side...

2. Question: can the OPC client (Quick-OPC) programatically set the Security Policy and the Security Mode properties like in UA Expert?

Thank you.

Michael

More
27 Jan 2023 15:08 #11483 by support
There should be something in the server that would tell you why it is giving BadSecurityChecksFailed .

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds