Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Cannot browse OPC servers in remote computer.

More
24 Nov 2021 06:43 #10389 by support

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2021 05:14 #10388 by yong
When I do this, it works fine. Can I use it like this?

Thank you.

Best regards

More
23 Nov 2021 12:36 #10386 by support
Hello.

Can you please change
new EasyDAClient()
to
new EasyDAClient {InstanceParameters = {EnableNativeClient = false}}
This switches the low-level parts of the internal implementation to a different codebase. It may help.
Thank you

More
23 Nov 2021 00:01 #10378 by yong
1. Is your project targeting .NET Framework (such as 4.7/4.7.1/4.7.2/4.8 ), or .NET Core 3.1, or .NET 5?

.NET Framework 4.8.

2. In order to rule out the timeout error (which is unlikely but we need to know for sure): I do not know how long you waited for the result - can you please wait at least 2 minutes to see if the call is still blocked?

I've been waiting for it, but it's still blocked. The debugger does not advance to the next. If you see remote access with other opc clients, it seems that the settings have been completed. Are there any necessary settings for remote DCOM settings? :)

Attachments:

More
19 Nov 2021 07:28 #10367 by support
Hello.
Thank you for the details, it was helpful - unfortunately I still do not know the reason, but let's go further.

I have some additional questions/tasks:
1. Is your project targeting .NET Framework (such as 4.7/4.7.1/4.7.2/4.8 ), or .NET Core 3.1, or .NET 5?
2. In order to rule out the timeout error (which is unlikely but we need to know for sure): I do not know how long you waited for the result - can you please wait at least 2 minutes to see if the call is still blocked?

Best regards

More
19 Nov 2021 00:36 #10366 by yong
Hello

1. Have you tried any other OPC client product to connect from the same client machine to the same remote target server?
Yes, I tested it with other OPC Quick Clients.

2. If so, what were the results? Does it work, or does it give some error?
It works fine.

3. What precisely do you mean by ".... it stops"? Are you saying that the execution blocks inside the ReadItem call and soes not make it to the "Console.Write" statement? Are you stepping it through in the debugger?
Stepped through with the debugger and couldn't reach Console.Write. The debugger does not go to the next step. I was wondering if there is a function to set the Timeout.

4. Are you sure there isn't an exception thrown by the ReadItem call? Normally, your code should have exception handling around it. See e.g. opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...0Read%20a%20single%20item.html .
5. If you add the exception handling, does it catch an error?
I added an exception but it doesn't give me an error.
As other opc clients can be accessed remotely, the dcom setting doesn't seem to be a problem. What kind of problem is it?

Attachments:

More
17 Nov 2021 20:17 #10360 by support
Hello.

In most cases, problems with remote access are related to DCOM/security configuration (or some related settings in QuickOPC).
Can you please answer the following:

1. Have you tried any other OPC client product to connect from the same client machine to the same remote target server?
2. If so, what were the results? Does it work, or does it give some error?
3. What precisely do you mean by ".... it stops"? Are you saying that the execution blocks inside the ReadItem call and soes not make it to the "Console.Write" statement? Are you stepping it through in the debugger?
4. Are you sure there isn't an exception thrown by the ReadItem call? Normally, your code should have exception handling around it. See e.g. opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...0Read%20a%20single%20item.html .
5. If you add the exception handling, does it catch an error?

Best regards

More
17 Nov 2021 02:23 #10354 by yong
Hello. We are making remote opc client program through opc library(da).
It works fine locally, but doesn't work remotely. (Remote access with opc quick client program)

When the corresponding source code ReadItem is executed, it stops.
I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if there is another way.

Best regards.
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds