Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Can I get the OPC item type (Analog, Boolean, String) after browsing?

More
28 Mar 2021 07:39 #9576 by micham
Hi,

You may close this case. I found the solution.

Regards,

Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2021 06:54 #9575 by micham
Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I am getting error on the ValueResult in this line:

Dim valueResultArray() As ValueResult= easyUAClient.ReadMultipleValues(New UAReadArguments() _

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error BC30201 Expression expected. EBO_Browse D:\MyBin\Proj-VS2017\EBO-OPC Client\Configuration(1,137)\Form1.vb 1 N/A

Any idea why?

Thank you.

Michael

More
27 Mar 2021 15:57 #9574 by support
Yes, there is a similar thing for OPC UA.

Getting the datatype is done just by reading the DataType attribute of the node in question. Example: opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...d%20DataType%20attributes.html .

Where it gets more complicates is what to do then. You get a DataTypeId, which is a Node Id of a node that identifies the type. You are probably interested in just the types known upfront - in that case you can see all types available in the core OPC UA specs in the UADataTypeIds class (in the OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.AddressSpace.Standard namespace). So you can compare the result to node IDs from this class. Somehow I have the feeling that we have discussed this already some time ago, but I am not sure.

Best regards

More
27 Mar 2021 05:21 #9568 by micham
Hi,
Thank you for your answer!

Do you have the same for OPC UA?

Thank you.

Michael

More
More
25 Mar 2021 18:47 #9562 by micham
Hi,
Is it possible to obtain the OPC item type (Analog, Boolean, String) after browsing?
Thank you.

Michael

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds