Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Browsing a tree leaf with 20,000 items fails with Exception (timeout)

More
23 Dec 2020 15:25 #9314 by micham
Hi,

We are using the DAItemDialog component. Please let me know when the next version is available.

Thank you.

Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2020 06:34 #9305 by support
If you were calling a "Browse" method from your code, it would be possible to increase the timeout, in easyDAClient.InstanceParameters.Timeouts.BrowseNodes.

The DAItemDialog, however, currently only works with all parameters set to default, and there is no way to change them. So, it is not currently possible to change the timeout for DAItemDialog.

It would not be a big deal to expose these settings for DAItemDialog (and other dialogs as well), but only as a planned change to the next version (2021.1), which will take some months.

Regards

More
21 Dec 2020 17:39 #9302 by micham
When browsing a tree leaf with 20,000 OPC items, I get an error:

Timeout browsing nodes.
+ The client method called was 'BrowseNodes'.

When I try the same with Matrikon OPC Explorer, I can browse and see all 20,000 items.

The exception details are below:
Exceptions

Type: OpcLabs.BaseLib.Browsing.BrowseException
Data:
HelpLink:
HResult: -2146233088 (0x80131500)
InnerException:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC004C004): Timeout browsing nodes.
Data: OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.Implementation.ExceptionEnhancingEasyDAClient.Processed: True
ErrorCode: -1073430524
HelpLink:
HResult: -1073430524 (0xc004c004)
InnerException:
Source: OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient
StackTrace:
TargetSite:
Message: Problem browsing OPC Data Access (OPC-DA) branches.
Source:
StackTrace:
TargetSite:

Any idea how to avoid this error?
Thank you.
Michael
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds