Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Getting 'Read not completed' and 'Write not completed' errors while trying to read from Softing.OPC.S7

More
18 Jul 2019 15:33 #7548 by support
(I have split the forums thread because now it is about a different issue.)

It depends on which dialog component you are using. The one that is just for selecting the OPC DA Item is called DAItemDialog, and the access to the properties is "short": See opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...ml#OPC-DA%20Item%20Dialog.html .

Then there is a very universal and powerful OpcBrowseDialog, which can be configured to do various things in the OPC Classic realm. Its description is here: opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...alog%20(OPC%20DA%20usage).html . The power it has is reflected in a more complicated API, that's true.

It looks like that you have switched to a different component, so it is no surprise it needs a different code.

The documentation gives an example (below the picture) of what to set and where to get results. What you have written is basically correct. You set your initial "position" using InputsOutputs.CurrentNodeDescriptor. For single-selection (the normal case), you can get the information about the selected node from the same place (InputsOutputs.CurrentNodeDescriptor) back. In some cases, it is advantageous to obtain the results from Outputs.CurrentNodeDescriptor instead. This is because the Outputs contain *more* information than you put there for input. For example, from the Outputs, for a server node, you can get information about a server vendor, supported specifications etc. But we cannot ask you to provide that information on input.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2019 08:33 #7545 by LuisGar
Ok, Thanks, I am trying to update my application to the new libraries, but since at least the documentation were well writen it would be more helpful,

here an example of what I mean.

Before I was able to read a collect the item selected in this way

OPCItemDialog.ServerDescriptor.MachineName

now is

OPCItemDialog.InputsOutputs.CurrentNodeDescriptor.ServerDescriptor.MachineName

nested into 2 layers deeper. is it actually the correct way to collect the data from this form??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds