Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Browsing error

More
06 Jun 2017 15:35 #5196 by support
Replied by support on topic Browsing error
I am sorry but I do not really know which part is not clear. The instructions say to put a couple of lines "before the very first OPC operation is attempted". So, somewhere in your code, before you start doing something OPC-related, put e.g.
EasyDAClient.ClientParameters.UseCustomSecurity = false;
EasyDAClient.ClientParameters.TurnOffActivationSecurity  = false;
EasyDAClient.ClientParameters.TurnOffCallSecurity = false;

and test. If that does not help, vary the false/true combinations.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2017 15:27 #5195 by I-Tecnology
Replied by I-Tecnology on topic Browsing error
Please, can you explain better how to use this parameters with Quicklab 5.35?
I have a class for comunication with PLC, my OPC object is not directly called in a form.

thanks.

More
06 Jun 2017 06:13 #5194 by support
Replied by support on topic Browsing error
Yes, this has to do with (D)COM security.
Version 5.11 is quite old, and some of the settings might have changed since.

Please read www.opclabs.com/forum/connections-reconnections-com-dcom/124...mote-machines-via-code?start=0 , and specifically (quoting : )

Can you please try to assign different combinations to following static properties - in the code, before the very first OPC operation is attempted:
EasyDAClient.ClientParameters.UseCustomSecurity 
EasyDAClient.ClientParameters.TurnOffActivationSecurity 
EasyDAClient.ClientParameters.TurnOffCallSecurity

TurnOffCallSecurity only has any influence when UseCustomSecurity == true.

Regards

More
05 Jun 2017 14:34 #5193 by I-Tecnology
Replied by I-Tecnology on topic Browsing error
Hi, I have configured the OPC server (TopServer 5.21), DCOM and all I usually need in my application.
I have installed on the same pc your library 5.11, 5.35, 2016-2.
If I try to browse the OPC server located in the same machine with your demo application, I can subscribe to any tag.

If I try to connect to an OPC server located in another machine, I can subscribe only tags using the rev.5.11. Using the other versions I have the attacched error.

I used the procedure in softwaretoolbox site to configure dcom. Do I need a different procedure to configure DCOM?

Best regards

PS The licence is enabled for tag browsing.
Attachments:

More
05 Jun 2017 13:22 - 05 Jun 2017 14:32 #5192 by I-Tecnology
Hi, I have configured the OPC server (TopServer 5.21), DCOM and all I usually need in my application.
I have installed on the same pc your library 5.11, 5.35, 2016-2.
If I try to browse the OPC server located in the same machine with your demo application, I can subscribe to any tag.

If I try to connect to an OPC server located in another machine, I can subscribe only tags using the rev.5.11. Using the other versions I have the attacched error.

Do I need a different procedure to configure DCOM? do you have this procedure?

Best regards

PS The licence is enabled for tag browsing.

Sorry, I used the wrong area for this post. Please not responnd here and delete it if you want. I will re-post it in the right area.
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Jun 2017 14:32 by I-Tecnology. Reason: Wrong topic

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds