Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

BrowseNodes() on alias comes up empty

More
09 Jun 2015 11:26 #3192 by support
Yes, - I was about to reply that if Kepware does not make such info is not available through OPC, then we cannot do anything about it from our end. Thanks cdunlap for advise on this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2015 06:08 #3191 by hjohansson
Ok, I see what you mean. I guess they are not nodes as such, I'm just using them as if they were. The alias is pointing to a node kind of like a folder shortcut.

Thanks for your input, I guess I'll have to find some other way for my application to find those leaves.

More
08 Jun 2015 20:43 #3190 by cdunlap
Hi,

Just to add some input to this:

The Alias that is configured in Kepware is meant for use with Suitelink clients and won't be visible through OPC. It is just there for Wonderware's software to be able to access the tags via their Suitelink protocol.

For a more detailed explanation of why, you can see www.kepware.com/Support_Center/doc_FastDDESuiteLink.asp [alias discussion begins about halfway through].

Thanks.

More
08 Jun 2015 16:41 #3189 by support
We do not differentiate between the aliases and other nodes (because OPC has no "knowledge" of aliases as something special). Therefore this looks like a server issue.

What leads you to believe that the server does provide sub-nodes under alias nodes? Do you see them in some other OPC client?

Thank you

More
08 Jun 2015 11:39 #3188 by hjohansson
Hi,

I have a Kepware KEPServerEx V5 with an Alias mapped to a node.
When I call EasyDAClient.BrowseNodes() specifying the node it returns a list of all sub-nodes and leaves, but when I call the same method specifying the alias name the returned collection is empty.

Is there any way to get nodes and leaves under a node by specifying its alias name?

Kind regards,
Henrik Johansson

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds