Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

BrowseServers only returns CLSIDs of the servers

More
16 Jul 2014 12:03 #2078 by support
(a customer's response:)

Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2014 3:14 PM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: My deployment problem...

... has been properly solved, thanks your prompt and correct answer!!!

Hello Zbynek,

I've done exactly what you suggested, first changed the platform into x86, everything worked properly!
Then I installed the OPC Core Component x64 and everything worked fine also with AnyCPU option.

The OpcEnum.exe was probably too old, therefore the BrowseOpcServers went to the Windows Registry directly and could get only the ClsIDs but nothing else.

[...] you helped a lot!!!

I wish you a good continuation of your holiday and all the best!

With my best regards,
E...

Best regards | Mit freundlichen Grüssen

E...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2014 12:02 - 16 Jul 2014 12:04 #2077 by support
(investigation, and suggestions)

Determined that it is a 64-bit OS, and the app is running as 64-bit process (is compiled for AnyCPU).

The problem might cuased by the fact that OPC Core Components (OPCEnum) do not work well, and the BrowseServers method resorts to enumerating the servers from the registry.

Suggested to

1. Try compiling the app for 32-bits - this will cause it to use 32-bit OPCEnum which usually works well.

and/or

2. Install the latest OPC Core Components for x64 from OPC Foundation web site, or those that we redistribute with QuickOPC.
Last edit: 16 Jul 2014 12:04 by support.

More
16 Jul 2014 11:58 #2076 by support
(a summary of customer's problem:)

In one of the deployments, the EasyDAClient.BrowseServers method returns a collection with the server elements, but the elements only have their CLSID filled in. The remaining pieces (such as ProgID) are empty.

This happens is on a computer where the application has been deployed manually (i.e. the QuickOPC installation program has not been run).

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds