Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

"Cannot set path" error with OPC DA Item Browser

More
13 May 2013 19:02 #1314 by rsikes
Hello,

The video was done using version 5.20.1016.1. However, the customer who originally reported this issue to me has seen the same behavior with 5.21.82.1.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2013 13:43 #1313 by support
Than you for the video. I still cannot reproduce it - I even wrote the same kind of VB application, and used the TOP Server as well.

Are you sure you are using the latest version & build of the product?

While this application is running in the VS debugger, do Debug -> Windows -> Modules, and see what is in the Version column for all module (assembly) names starting with "OpcLabs." (in my test, it was 5.21.101.1, so that's actually not the newest of Version 5.21; but I'd like to know which version is yours, and whether it's not even older). When doing lots of dev work on the computer, there may be various versions of assemblies at various places, and it is easy to get wrong ones picked up by.

Regards,

More
10 May 2013 13:32 - 10 May 2013 13:35 #1312 by support
(from rsikes:)

Attached is a short video demonstrating what I tried.

File Attachment:

File Name: ItemBrowseFilter.mp4
File Size:1,307 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 May 2013 13:35 by support.

More
09 May 2013 10:20 #1311 by support
Hello, I was unable to reproduce it so far.

Can you please send me the pieces of your code that invoke the dialog? The reason I am asking is is whether your code is saving and setting again the ItemID, or just invoking the dialog again without
modifying its properties, or something else.

Also, can you describe the steps in even more detail, truly "click by click"? - which items you are selecting, which filter you set and how, whether you click the green checkbox above the filter after changing the filter, etc.

Thank you

More
03 May 2013 18:31 #1310 by rsikes
When using the OPC DA Item Browser component I am receiving a "cannot set path [path name for tag] is unknown" when trying to use a saved leaf filter.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Add an OPC DA Item browser component and set the server node. Launch the browser component from a method that can be repeated, such as on button click (rather than once only on form load)
2. Run the application and set a browse filter. Select an item.
3. Click the button to reopen the item browser. You should receive a popup prompt asking if you want to save the filter. Say yes to the prompt. The error displays at the bottom of the item browser.
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds