Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Issue with toolbox components in Visual Studio 2019(2022)

More
14 Aug 2023 17:03 #11990 by support
Hello,

this is probably the issue described here: opclabs.com/forum/quickopc-net--9/3570-vstoolbox-not-properly-showing-components
- which means that you need to either

a) do without the toolbox (which is usually possible as that is just an additional functionality over the software itself),
b) revert to slightly older Visual Studio (see the forum thread for version numbers)
c) wait until QuickOPC version 2023.2 is available.

This is an unfortunate case, in which Microsoft has changed something in VS that requires big internal changes to resolve.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: mhk.kohler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Aug 2023 16:38 #11988 by mhk.kohler
Hi,I previously installed QuickOPC 2022.1 on VS 2022. The project got put on hold for a period of a couple months and I have recently picked it back up. I attempted to install the most current version QuickOPC2023.1 and have a similar issue where toolbox components aren't loading. I've tried following the uninstall and trouble shooting instructions on the knowledgebase without success. I've tried uninstalling 2023 and reverting to the 2022 and the toolbox components are still missing. I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but for the life of me can not identify what.
Attachments:

More
31 Jan 2023 19:16 #11504 by support
Hello,

in QuickOPC 2022.2, Visual Studio integration is only available for VS 2022: opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2....html#Development%20Tools.html . It will not work with earlier versions.

For the deployment, you need to grab all files that are output of your project build. There will be many of them - do not be surprised - that is because we are referencing the OPC Foundation (and Microsoft) NuGet packages which in turn have further dependencies. opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...ing%20Assemblies%20(.NET).html

Best regards

More
31 Jan 2023 18:07 #11502 by wmitc2375
Hello Support,

I uninstalled an older version of QuickOPC and downloaded and installed the newest version at the time, a few weeks ago, it shows in Windows Start menu as 2022.2

I have tried today to add a component to a Windows Forms designer dialog and am getting a message "Failed to create component. The toolbox item could not be retrieved from the toolbox."

Is there some steps I need to perform to get Visual Studio 2019 toolbox recognizing the newer version?

I also have a question about referenced components such as QuickOPC DLL files. I wish to put my entire application into a network share folder so various workstations in the company I work for can run the executable. What is the best practice for including any needed assemblies with my deployed application?

Thank you,
Bill

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds