Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

BrowseDataNodes stuck when client not trusted

More
17 Nov 2013 08:57 #1554 by support
I see. I am glad it is found and resolved!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2013 08:15 #1553 by adid@contel.co.il
Hello,

i found the problem :
the problem was i that the function that runs the BrowseDataNodes was in Task,
and this function wasn't in try-catch block, so i think it was stuck, and now after i add the try-catch block i saw that exception was thrown.

thank you for your help,
Adi Damty

More
15 Nov 2013 12:48 #1552 by support
The source code of the demo app is in the Examples solution that is installed with the product. It does not, however, contain the source code of the browsing dialog - that is a component in itself, and is part of the product.

The browsing dialog code is large and complex, but as far as the actual browsing invocation goes, it is totally straightforward - it just instantiates an EasyUAClient and calls BrowseNodes.

It would still be worth trying to try:
  • Check what happens if you rebuild the demo app and run it - does it block, or throw an exception?
  • Check what happens if you add a simple BrowseDataNodes call somewhere to the demo app (such as on press of some button) - does it block, or throw an exception?
  • Check if you are using the same project setting as the demo app - couldn't there be some influence? We are targeting "AnyCPU", and .NET Framework 3.5 (SP1). What are your settings, in this respect?

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: adid@contel.co.il

More
14 Nov 2013 13:19 #1551 by adid@contel.co.il
hello,

My opc server is not in public url, and i can't expose it because this it's in company network.
i also try to minimize all the windows and see if the application come up with pop-up window, and this is not the case.
i also try the setting you suggeted but the same thing happened - the application is stuck.
in the Demo OPC-UA Application i saw this doesn't happened and exception is thrown, and also this is winfor application, so you could provide me the code of this demo application ?

thank you,
Adi Damty

More
14 Nov 2013 09:18 #1550 by support
Yes, you should get an exception. But I cannot reproduce the problem, and therefore it is near impossible to provide a solution at the moment.

Is your server on a public URL for me to try?

In the WinForms scenario, sometimes I have seen that the application has come up with pop-up window that was hidden behind everything else. If the window was a dialog requiring user attention, the connection could have been blocked. Can you please check this, by minimizing all visible windows, and then scrolling through windows using Alt+Tab, to make sure this is not the case.

Also, we have slightly different behavior in applications without user interface, and in those with user interface. I have some suspicion that it might be the user interface part that is related to the problem. Without user interface, some operations simply fail; with the user interface, they ask the user. Just for the purpose of investigation, can you please try the following settings:
EasyUAClient.SharedParameters.Engine.AllowCertificatePrompt = false;
EasyUAClient.AdaptableParameters.Session.AllowEndpointDomainPrompt = false;
EasyUAClient.AdaptableParameters.Session.CertificateAcceptancePolicy.AllowUserAcceptCertificate = false;
Does this only happen with browsing the nodes, or is it the same if you start e.g. with reading?

Thank you

More
14 Nov 2013 08:40 #1549 by adid@contel.co.il
hello,

any progress with this ?
how can i get exception when the client is not trusted on the server, instead of the application is stuck ?

thank you,
Adi Damty

More
13 Nov 2013 09:20 #1545 by adid@contel.co.il
hello,

client behavior, when i run my program as windows winform ( for debug ).

thank you,
Adi Damty

More
13 Nov 2013 08:53 #1543 by support
Re

i get popup validation error BadCertificateUntrusted and a question afterwards if i accept the certificate or not

- are you talking about the client behavior or server behavior?

More
12 Nov 2013 08:17 #1537 by adid@contel.co.il
hello,

i tried the beta Version 5.23 now, and still have a problem - now i get popup validation error BadCertificateUntrusted and a question afterwards if i accept the certificate or not. no matter what i choose the application is stuck. i expected the BrowseDataNodes function to throw exception if the client is not trusted at the server.

1. i create a project with two enteries - winform for debug only and windows service.
2. when the server trust the client it's all working fine, but when doesn't trust the client this problem occuerd.
3. i will also mention that when i use the same senario at the asp.net application exception is thrown.

thank you,
Adi Damty

More
11 Nov 2013 08:12 #1533 by support
Can you please try the Beta of Version 5.23, as in previous post.

Please also provide following information:
  1. What kind of project are you creating? Is it e.g. a Windows Forms app, console app, Windows service, Web (ASP.NET) app, or something else?
  2. How is it with the trust in the opposite direction - i.e. is the client trusting the server? For start, there are ways to "skip" the security checks - please see the documentation.
Best regards

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds