Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

QuickOPC Standard

More
15 Sep 2021 07:09 #10221 by support
Replied by support on topic QuickOPC Standard
Hello,
unfortunately it is still not clear.

If you wanted something similar to Live Binding, but "non-visual", the answer is negative.

For getting a continuous stream of tag value updates at fastest possible rate, it is suggested that you use subscriptions:
opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...o%20OPC%20Classic%20Items.html

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2021 14:00 #10220 by lesliemcg
Replied by lesliemcg on topic QuickOPC Standard
Hi, sorry.

I was meaning the OPCLabs demo scripts showed how to allocate a textbox directly to the OPCtag using the bindings without any code used.

Can the bindings also be allocated directly to a tag within the VB script if I was to read the OPC value on a timer at 100ms - or faster?

hopefully this explains better.

Leslie

More
14 Sep 2021 13:52 #10219 by support
Hello,

I do not quite understand the question - please try to elaborate more.

Thank you

More
14 Sep 2021 12:26 #10218 by lesliemcg
Hi many thanks again for the useful information.
I had a look at the bindings option but I will be using the VS to pass the OPC received data onto another application so nothing will actually be shown on VB.
The bindings allocated to the textbox was very quick to implement and I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to setup.

Can the bindings feature be allocated directly to a tag in VB?

Leslie

More
14 Sep 2021 11:05 #10217 by support
Hello,
I am glad that it works now.

First, some technical notes.

- The reason you got the issue is a combination of the fact that the "read" calls have a parameter that specifies the maximum value age, and it defaults to 1 second. And, QuickOPC creates subscriptions internally to satisfy repeated reads. The "1 second" thing means that the software tries to get you any value that is newer than that, so it can mix them too. Specifying reads from device is equivalent to setting this parameter to zero, which resolves the issue.

- Repeated reads are a discouraged pattern in OPC. I have not made the comment originally because I understand you wanted to resolve the issue with the way your program is written. However, OPC subscriptions should be used whenever possible. We have examples for this too - in fact, the "HmiScreen" example in the product is quite close.

Regarding the product editions (opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...e.html#Product%20Editions.html ):

- For what you described, QuickOPC Standard is sufficient.
- But, you may want to have a look of what Live Binding feature is. It allows you to simply use Visual Studio designer to bind OPC tags to the controls on the form. No manual coding necessary. If you decide to use that, you would need QuickOPC Professional.

More info to Live Binding:
- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...%20using%20Live%20Binding.html
- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...e.html#Live_Binding_Model.html

Best regards

More
14 Sep 2021 10:48 #10216 by lesliemcg
Hello,

Many thanks for the help, I can confirm I can now read the tags without the original value overwriting the read values.
Can you advise please, the license I will require to use the EasyDAClient1 interface in visual studio?

looking at the full price list, I see QuickOPCUltimate, QuickOPCProfessional, and QuickOPCStandard.

kind regards

Leslie

More
13 Sep 2021 16:59 #10215 by support
Thank you for the videos.

Can you please change the "read" statements similarly to the following?:
TextBox2.Text = EasyDAClient1.ReadItemValue("Kepware.KEPServerEX.V6", "Channel1.TestPLC.TestAngle", DADataSource.Device)
- note the added parameter at the end, *and* that the first parameter ("") was removed.

Thank you

More
13 Sep 2021 12:50 #10210 by lesliemcg
Hi,

I have also taken another movie with the kepware OPC client to show the values being sent from the Server.
You can see that the values are being read but somehow over written by itself?

Hopefully this shows more useful info.

Leslie

File Attachment:

File Name: OPCConnectionIII.zip
File Size:13,511 KB
Attachments:

More
13 Sep 2021 12:40 #10209 by lesliemcg
hello,

Sorry, never pressed the insert button earlier

File Attachment:

File Name: OPCConnect...9-13.zip
File Size:12,053 KB
!
Attachments:

More
13 Sep 2021 12:30 #10208 by support
Hello,
please attach the video (beware of the user interface in Forums which requires you to Add the file and then also Insert it).

Best regards

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds