Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Can't view array data via OPC UA vb6

More
11 May 2022 14:31 #10861 by dondoc1
I resolved the issue. Needed to create a type Variant to the array data that I was trying to access. Thx.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2022 13:08 #10859 by support
This looks like syntax error to me, nothing to do with QuickOPC.
It even tells you "Compile error".

I have not checked this with VB6 actually, but why do you have "Me.myval()" ? "myval()" is a local variable. It should not be prefixed with an object ("Me.").

Best regards

More
11 May 2022 13:04 #10858 by dondoc1
Here a two images. One is there error thrown and the other is the portion of the code where I'm trying to access the array and display the information like your EasyOPC-UA(COM) Demo App.

Thanks for reviewing this.

Donielle
Attachments:

More
11 May 2022 04:57 #10854 by support
Hello,
thank you for your interest in our products.

Please post here the relevant part of your code, and the error message you are getting (and on which statement in the code it happens).

Best regards

More
10 May 2022 20:45 #10853 by dondoc1
I'm evaluating your tools and I'm trying to read from our server some values. I can see 5 of them but the 6th one (which is an array of double) causes an error in my vb6 code when using "ReadValue" method. However, I noticed that if I use your app (EasyOPC-UA(COM) Demo App) and enter my Server and Node ID, it returns the information I'm looking for (see attachment). I there any what you could provide the line(s) of vb code that allow for this array of size 30 to properly work? Thx.
You do not have permissions to access this page.
You do not have permissions to access this page.
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds