Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Release Build Configuration won't compile

More
22 Nov 2021 19:38 #10377 by support
Unfortunately not.

I am afraid that this is where we have to leave it now. We cannot go further unless .NET Standard 2.1 is supported.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2021 17:12 #10376 by sjdockendorf08
Unfortunately, UWP does not support .NET Standard 2.1 just yet (docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/standard/net-standard).

Does OPC Labs have a version of this nuget package (5.63.0-rev2) that would still accept .NET Standard 2.0?

More
22 Nov 2021 08:27 #10373 by support
Hello.

I have looked a bit deeper into this issue. It is related to the classes that provide support for usage from COM tools and languages, on top of our normal .NET objects. Currently, this is actually only functional in the .NET Framework targeting, not .NET Standard.

So, I have made a first step and changed the "offending" parts in the .NET Standard build of QuickOPC (i.e. refrained from the use of IDispatch), in the current QuickOPC version in development (5.63). But, since we now require .NET Standard 2.1, I got other build problems when trying to build your solution with the updated QuickOPC. It looks like a newer UWP targeting is also necesasary (or that it is not possible to have UWP with .NET Standard 2.1)? We do not do UWP here and it is beyond our expertise.

If you want to try it yourself, you can use the prerelease build on www.nuget.org. The one I have just described is 5.63.0-rev2. If you can upgrade the project to .NET Standard 2.1 but still get issues with QuickOPC, I can take it from there then.

Best regards

More
19 Nov 2021 08:35 #10368 by support
Hello,

thank you for the solution files. I was able to reproduce the problem. Please allow some time, I will report here when I have more information.

Best regards

More
18 Nov 2021 16:07 #10365 by sjdockendorf08
Thank you for the quick response. I think we'd be open to upgrading the library if it is compatible with our solution and license, so any help is much appreciated. I just sent a sample solution to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

More
18 Nov 2021 15:56 #10364 by support
Hello.

I do not think that we ever tested with or considered .NET Native as a target, so this is not much of a surprise.
I can have a look of it if you send me a small project that reproduces the problem.

It should be noted, however, that we only make updates or fixes to the currently released last version. So, unless there is some possible workaround, there will be no solution with version 5.59.

Best regards

More
18 Nov 2021 15:29 #10363 by sjdockendorf08
I have a project built in .NET Standard 2.0 that includes the nuget package OpcLabs.QuickOpc library (5.59.1055). I am able to run the solution in debug mode successfully. However, when I switch it to a release build configuration set to compile with the .NET Native tool chain, I get the error below. We are required to get a working release mode build for our production install of this solution.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error MCG0039: MCG0039:IDispatchNotSupported Interface 'OpcLabs.BaseLib.Security.ComTypes.DCertificateSecurityHandlerEvents' in 'Assembly(Name=OpcLabs.BaseLib, Version=5.59.1055.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6faddca41dacb409)' specifies a COM interface type of IDispatch and is not supported. OPCLabLicenseTest.UWP

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds