Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Event on a item doesn't work..

More
09 Oct 2015 16:12 #3612 by support
Yes,

with the Single Developer + Runtime Free license, you get a single .BIN file that is both for development purposes (by one developer) and runtime deployments.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2015 06:32 #3610 by LaurentzT
Hello,

Just to be clear: We have 1 bin file and can use this with the licence maganager on both the Development Machine and the Production PC's?

More
03 Oct 2015 11:50 #3588 by support
The current version is 5.35 (I suggest that you download it and use if you do not have it yet), and the Concepts document for that version is here: www.opclabs.com/files/documents/QuickOpc/5.35/Concepts-QuickOPC.pdf . The same document gets installed with the product.

And, below is the part that describes installing the license:

3.7 License Manager
The License Manager is a utility that allows you to install, view and uninstall licenses.
In order to install a license, invoke the License Manager application (from the Start menu), select “QuickOPC 5.3” in the component drop-down, and press the Install license button. Then, point the standard Open File dialog to the license file (with .BIN) extension provided to you by your vendor.

Note: You need administrative elevated privileges to successfully install and uninstall licenses.

(in Windows 8 and later, you may have to look for the License manager alphabetically, or use the "Search" facility to locate the License Manager in the "Start Menu")

Best regards

More
02 Oct 2015 08:40 #3587 by LaurentzT
hello,

Thanks it works now. So I bought the licence but this link isn't working:
www.opclabs.com/files/documents/QuickOpc/5.33/Concepts-QuickOPC.pdf

Can you give me the directions to install the Licence file? I have the .bin file

More
28 Sep 2015 11:13 #3575 by support
I think that the main issue is in the fact that the event notification handlers are not hooked to the EasyUAClient object. This is done using the "WithEvents" keyword; in addition, the object then needs to be declared in a global scope (not inside a function). For example, our Excel VBA example looks like this:
' Declare an EasyOPC-UA component
Public WithEvents Client As EasyUAClient

Private Sub SubscribeCommandButton_Click()
    ' Create the EasyOPC-UA component
    Set Client = New EasyUAClient

Dim MonitoringParameters As New UAMonitoringParameters
    MonitoringParameters.SamplingInterval = 1000

' Define OPC node IDs
    ' For "states", we use names of cells where the values should be updated

Dim MonitoredItemArguments1: Set MonitoredItemArguments1 = CreateObject("OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.OperationModel.EasyUAMonitoredItemArguments")
    MonitoredItemArguments1.EndpointDescriptor.UrlString = "http://opcua.demo-this.com:51211/UA/SampleServer"
    MonitoredItemArguments1.NodeDescriptor.NodeId.ExpandedText = "nsu=http://test.org/UA/Data/;i=10845"
    Set MonitoredItemArguments1.MonitoringParameters = MonitoringParameters
    MonitoredItemArguments1.State = "D2"

Dim MonitoredItemArguments2: Set MonitoredItemArguments2 = CreateObject("OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.OperationModel.EasyUAMonitoredItemArguments")
    MonitoredItemArguments2.EndpointDescriptor.UrlString = "http://opcua.demo-this.com:51211/UA/SampleServer"
    MonitoredItemArguments2.NodeDescriptor.NodeId.ExpandedText = "nsu=http://test.org/UA/Data/;i=10853"
    Set MonitoredItemArguments2.MonitoringParameters = MonitoringParameters
    MonitoredItemArguments2.State = "D3"

Dim MonitoredItemArguments3: Set MonitoredItemArguments3 = CreateObject("OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.OperationModel.EasyUAMonitoredItemArguments")
    MonitoredItemArguments3.EndpointDescriptor.UrlString = "http://opcua.demo-this.com:51211/UA/SampleServer"
    MonitoredItemArguments3.NodeDescriptor.NodeId.ExpandedText = "nsu=http://test.org/UA/Data/;i=10855"
    Set MonitoredItemArguments3.MonitoringParameters = MonitoringParameters
    MonitoredItemArguments3.State = "D4"

Dim arguments(2)
    Set arguments(0) = MonitoredItemArguments1
    Set arguments(1) = MonitoredItemArguments2
    Set arguments(2) = MonitoredItemArguments3

' Subscribe to OPC monitored items
    Call Client.SubscribeMultipleMonitoredItems(arguments)
End Sub

Private Sub UnsubscribeCommandButton_Click()
    ' Unsubscribe from all OPC monitored items
    Call Client.UnsubscribeAllMonitoredItems
End Sub

Private Sub Client_MonitoredItemChanged(ByVal Sender As Variant, ByVal E As OpcLabs_EasyOpcUA.EasyUAMonitoredItemChangedEventArgs)
    ' Update the value in the cell. The cell name is passed to us in the State property.
    Range(E.arguments.State).Value = E.AttributeData.Value
End Sub

Best regards

More
25 Sep 2015 13:53 - 25 Sep 2015 13:53 #3573 by LaurentzT

File Attachment:

File Name: TestOpcUa.rar
File Size:22 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: TestOpcUa.rar
File Size:22 KB

had to insert it. :)
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Sep 2015 13:53 by LaurentzT.

More
25 Sep 2015 13:46 #3572 by support
Hello - I do not see the file; besides selecting it, haven't you forgotten to actually insert it?

More
25 Sep 2015 13:42 #3571 by LaurentzT
Here is my test accdb.
Thanks!

More
25 Sep 2015 13:31 #3570 by support
Can you post the MDB file here (zipped)? I want to check the remainder of the such - such as whether the events are hooked to the client object.

More
25 Sep 2015 12:51 #3568 by LaurentzT
Hello,

I'm using your object in Access 2010.

I try to catch a event but he doesn't enter the function. Here is the code I use now:

Dim MonitoredItemArguments1 As EasyUAMonitoredItemArguments
Set MonitoredItemArguments1 = CreateObject("OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.OperationModel.EasyUAMonitoredItemArguments")
MonitoredItemArguments1.EndpointDescriptor.UrlString = "opc.tcp://STP-OPC-01.domain1.local:55101?None?opcfoundation.org/UA/SecurityPolicy#None"
MonitoredItemArguments1.NodeDescriptor.NodeId.ExpandedText = "ns=3;s=s7400.db500.16,r"
Set MonitoredItemArguments1.MonitoringParameters = MonitoringParameters

Dim arguments(0)
Set arguments(0) = MonitoredItemArguments1

' Subscribe to OPC monitored items
Call client.SubscribeMultipleMonitoredItems(arguments)

Call client.WriteValue("opc.tcp://STP-OPC-01.domain1.local:55101?None?opcfoundation.org/UA/SecurityPolicy#None", "ns=3;s=s7400.db500.16,r", 4) 'Real here I set a new value

Private Sub Client_MonitoredItemChanged(ByVal Sender As Variant, ByVal E As OpcLabs_EasyOpcUA.EasyUAMonitoredItemChangedEventArgs)
' Schedule an update. The cell name is passed to us in the State property.
Dim str As String
str = "" ' doesn't enter the breakpoint here.
' ValueString = """" & Replace(Replace(E.AttributeData.Value, """", """"""), "'", "''") & """"
' Application.OnTime Now, "'Sheet1.UpdateCell """ & E.Arguments.State & """, " & ValueString & "'"
End Sub

I also get a error on this line:

Error: Object Required.

When you can resolve this for me I will be able to use this in production and buy the control.
Thanks!

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds