Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Release Date Covered Clarification

More
03 Nov 2023 07:04 #12332 by support
Hello,
thank you for your continuing interest in our products.

What matters in this case in the last column (Release date) in the table. So, your license key will work with versions up to 5.57 (2020.1).

The way how version are "grouped" on kb.opclabs.com/Versions has to do with what we consider as significant "technology" changes, meaning that there might be major changes inside.

I hope this helps.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2023 21:28 #12331 by nolandahoy
We are looking to upgrade our QuickOpc library. I'm curious whether the ReleaseDateCovered key in the LicenseInfo dictionary relates to versions up to that date or if it corresponds to the date of versions in that release period?

For example, our ReleaseDateCovered is 03/08/2020 00:00:00. Does that mean:
  1. We must stay on version 5.57 because it was released Feb 20, 2020?
  2. We can update to 5.59 because it was released in the 2018.3 - 2020.3 era of releases?

I've included a picture to illustrate what I mean. Perhaps the 2018.3 - 2020.3 is merely coincidence in our case...
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds